Fly Tying
nightfish

Designing a tying room

SD, is that a perimeter adhesive or full coverage adhesive vinyl system? If it's full coverage you might want to rent a roller from Home Depot to prevent bubbling.

Any time you have another remodeling fit, come out my way...I'd be more than happy to tear my honey-do list in half.

Its a full coverage adhesive. I've actually got a roller that weighs about 50 or 75lbs (cant remember which is it) that was my grandfathers for something he used it for,so I'm planning on cleaning the roller on that up and then useing that to roll over it after I get done.

Mmmmm I think I'll pass on half the honey do list. Maybe we should go fishing instead :D

I just picked up on this thread and I, too, like the floor suggeston. I have carpet at the moment, helps insulate the basement concrete during teh Wyoming winters, but does make hooks hard to find.

You just caused me more work because of this post <_< :lol:

Steve

Steve, I personally think that is fair as everytime you post a pic of a beautiful new rod, I get the bug for another and it's off to work I go.... :sd: :hyst:

Definitely not carpet. Last year I put Tarkett wood flooring down in the room where my tying desk is. Best thing I ever did. Among other things, you need a chair that rolls around easily. With a carpeted floor, it just wasn't happening. I will never use carpet again for anything.

NO! NO! DON"T put in shag carpeting. I set one on fire once when I tipped over a fondue pot. Exciting evening, last date with that young woman. Also had a green shag rug in one of my kid's room, and a dog who couldn't get it thru his head that it wasn't grass.

home depot has a great 2X2 subfloor system. They snap together and have a plastic foot print on the bottom which allows airflow underneath. I used them in my basement and was very happy with it.

I have a wood laminate floor in my room and it does help with a dropped hook and also easy cleanup. If I could do my room over, I would have added even more light and extra electrical outlets. You should also consider a phone line for a computer hook up.

My 11 year old daughter thinks that we should have put in a fireplace. Not a bad idea if you have the room.

Good luck.

Minnesota Fishing

My sister, brothers and I just got finished finishing up my sisters basement. We used the laminate wood floor and I think they came out looking really nice.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Jim