Fly Tying
Inconnu

Challenge 12 Whats my tying number?

Jon G your flies arrived today! The delivery guy left them with our neighbour, who came running out to give them to me. I said "Oh boy my bugs are here!!" Maybe not the best thing to say to a woman walking over the ice in bare feet, but I'm sure she'll get over it. :D

I have to say you have chosen a unique method of creating your flies. This swap has turned out some really great ideas and flies, I hope you all try to fish some of them. If anyone wants to post their pics of the materials they received that is great. Please refrain from posting fly pics just yet. Thanks guys, it sounds like the rest are on the way....Kerry :)

They are in route. I did not know how to do the postage so I just sent Cash I hope that is ok

Glad they made the grade professsor inconnu, this exam had me stumped for a while but A little inspiration came to me at the fly shopp when spending another 50 bucks on fluff and voila.!!! Not quite the picture in my head but hopefully one of the first of this style for the challenge swaps.

Enjoy everybody and if it doesn't fish all that great the hook should be good for a steelhead fly.

Jon

post-4224-1175177529_thumb.jpgI'll be the first, here is a pic of the materials I recived for this mind numming swap. This was by far a fun challenge. I really like this approach to tying!!!!

vtflyhack

Hey I received streamers from billb today! I think Bill must be a rogue artist or something because that is what I got in the mail. The streamers are incredible Bill!! I see I was far too kind to all of you and must work on getting tougher next Fall when I hold another.

I'll let the rest of you know when they get here....Kerry :)

It is like Christmas around here this week. The mail keeps spitting out rod building stuff and flies. Today I received flies from Pelhament. They are truly great flies, I have a hard time believeing ANY of the flies I have received so far, are from the stuff I sent out. Again, well done Chris and the rest of you so far!! :)

Thanks, I'm glad they arrived safely. I think I threw in one of my prototypes and at least one of my patterns that I decided not to go with for you. I couldn't get a coupon like you mentioned at the shipping place I went, but I hope the money I enclosed is sufficient for return postage.

Kerry:

Glad mine made it, too. Thanks for the kind words about how they turned out -- had fun tying them. Am trying to figure out how to attach a photo of the raw materials, but still am unable to pull a jpeg out of my computer ......... will keep at it.

Looking forward to seeing everything.

Oh, yeah -- where do we pre-register for Challenge 13?!

Bill

Hey Pelhament, the money was a little more than what I need so I will send you some change. I haven't checked out all of the flies you sent yet, been cooking supper for the crew when they get home. I'll have a look at them after dinner.

Thanks for getting them in on time guys....Kerry :)

Inconnu,

Do you want your slightly used mesh bag back :D :P It was the stumper for me!!!. :blink: I tried using it on three different flies, ( after pulling some of my hair out) I got messing with the bag more. I found the wing material for my flies using the zipper backing. Can't wait to see the other flies!!!!!!!

vtflyhack