Fly Tying
Inconnu

Challenge 12 Whats my tying number?

I received Ashleys flies today! Another nice set of flies. Sort of a semi-foam nymph which looks good to me. Jus a few more sets to come in and we are done....Kerry

I forgot to take a picture of my materials before I destroyed them and turned them into fly tying material. But I received about 10 feet of like 30lb or greater mono, a light green rag and flourescent multi-colored cloth tubing that kind of reminded me of a shoe lace.

Ya know I WAS too kind to you guys!!! :bugeyes: I can't believe my generosity! I have to stop my better nature from getting the best of me!! Next time it's gruel for all of you! Hahaha....oh wait, that's for the local orphanage! Okay you win this time but I'll think of something truly diabolical for next Fall! :j_k:

Okay you win this time but I'll think of something truly diabolical for next Fall! :j_k:

I have no doubt!

Bill

I'll think of something truly diabolical for next Fall! :j_k:

Now that wouldn't surprise me...... and you got all summer to think about it.

I'll get a picture of my materials done over the next couple of days but I noticed AFTER I'd done the flies some nice very fine rubber sticking out one piece...If only I'd seen that before.

Glad you got the flies OK

Sorry for the long delay in posts, but there really hasn't been anything to report until this morning. I received flies from Day5 today. Thay are really good looking flies and will catch your eye as well as fish. Nice use of the materials Day5 but you didn't need to send it back, I know you will feel the loss of not having it on your desk. :P

The flies are a tad naked though. There are no toe-tags!! So I can make some up this time since they look so worthy. Did you have a name for them? They look like Party Hoppers but if I hear from you before the last flies arrive I will defer to your choice.

Just a couple more to go folks. One package was returned to sender and thus will be a few days late.

I can't believe the price difference for our Postal systems. This package that Day5 sent me was 90 cents to mail. For me it will be over $4 to mail a similar package back to the U.S. Incase you guys were wondering why I needed the $3 from you to return them.

Canada Post is this "entity" that just does what it wants and doesn't consider complaints made by us regarding their rediculous rates.

Anyway folks, I digress. This Challenge has netted some of the best challenge flies I have seen to date. I do promise as I mentioned before, that I will endeavour to "notch it up," for next Fall.

Take care all, I'll let you know when the last packages arrive....Kerry :)

Hey I got Bryans' flies today!! They are a cool pattern especially considering what I sent you. So you did a great job and you seem to have retained your sanity. Nice job Bryan, I hope you enjoyed the challenge.

One set left and they are in the mail so this should be wrapped up and on the way back to everyone by next week.

I'll let you all know....Kerry

Thanks for the kind words Kerry. I had a few ideas but that pattern was the only one that really stuck out to me. I really enjoyed this challenge and can't wait for the next one. Thanks for hosting the swap.

Bryan

Sorry for the long delay in posts, but there really hasn't been anything to report until this morning. I received flies from Day5 today. Thay are really good looking flies and will catch your eye as well as fish. Nice use of the materials Day5 but you didn't need to send it back, I know you will feel the loss of not having it on your desk. :P

The flies are a tad naked though. There are no toe-tags!! So I can make some up this time since they look so worthy. Did you have a name for them? They look like Party Hoppers but if I hear from you before the last flies arrive I will defer to your choice.

Just a couple more to go folks. One package was returned to sender and thus will be a few days late.

I can't believe the price difference for our Postal systems. This package that Day5 sent me was 90 cents to mail. For me it will be over $4 to mail a similar package back to the U.S. Incase you guys were wondering why I needed the $3 from you to return them.

Canada Post is this "entity" that just does what it wants and doesn't consider complaints made by us regarding their rediculous rates.

Anyway folks, I digress. This Challenge has netted some of the best challenge flies I have seen to date. I do promise as I mentioned before, that I will endeavour to "notch it up," for next Fall.

Take care all, I'll let you know when the last packages arrive....Kerry :)

Hmm sorry about the tags It slipped my mind :wallbash: as for the name party hopper is fine. the materials are just a sample of what you sent me.

Okay I am waiting on one set of flies folks. Thought I'd better update you all while I had a minute. Hopefully they will be here this week....Kerry :)

Its nice to see a swapmeister so lenient on the due date. I am always worried if my flies arrive a day late they will just be sent back to me.

It is not so much that I am lenient, though yes with these swaps I tend to be, but one of the sets was sent back because it had an error in the address so he re-sent them and I am just waiting. As long as people communicate and the rest of you don't mind, I will do what I can as far as waiting goes. As it is, pretty much everyone had them in the mail within 3 days of the mail date, which is pretty good. The rest is up to our postal systems. :)