Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sniksoh

i made a step by step for those foam popper bodies

ok. that makes alot more sense! lol. dsaavedra is my first initial and then my last name. my name is david saavedra. its spanish. :)

sniksoh, here's my first attempt at some of the poppers.

those look great- one small thing to consider is to make sure you're not crowding the gape of the hook with the popper body. Might just be the angle of the photo.

yeah iu am sloppy at that to, but if you relize it...it doesnt have to all line up perfectly cause you can just shave it until it is smooth

wow!!! i didnt know these would explode into popularity this fast. i cant wait till fishing gets up to speed here in iowa.

Great looking poppers. I've done 2 now, and think it's about time to glue up some more. maybe tonight.

DaUP - you can probably get a gasket cutter at any hardware store, but I didn't use one. I just cut small squares up. They turn just fine too. So, don't wait for the cutter, use the scissors you already have! Good Luck!

DaUP, I do like oatka and just cut mine in squares and they turn out just fine. I cut mine in 1/2" squares but the next time I'm going to cut them 5/8, because some of them didn't turn out smooth.

i think i will try some more. this time im gonna make the circles smaller. last time i made them 1" diameter, and i think that could have been why they wouldnt shave fast enough. but i still have one question....when i put in the nail, it leaves a big hole thru the middle of them, and the hole it too big to fit on the hook! i tried using a thinner wire, but then the popper body slipped too easily on the wire. what should i do?

well foam cures itself meaning that hole will fill in with foam...but what i ahve found out is that if you are spinning the dremel to fast it will make a permanant hole in the foam. that is what happened to me when i first started so i just slowed it down and it worked fine.