Try these :)

1.) Mackie Bug, Size 10, Red/Brown, Chartreuse/Black

2.) Bully Spider, Size 10, Chart, Pink, Black

3.) Brem Fly, Size 10, Black/Red, Yellow/Olive

4.) Bluegill Bee, Size 10 or 12

5.) Stalcup Cricket, Size 10 or 8

6.) Stalcup Hopper, Size 10 or 8, Green, Tan, Yellow

Skinny

I forgot to mention two patterns in my earlier post that have been really productive, one in particular this year. I have caught some of my biggest gills this year on beadhead sowbugs, aka scuds, in tan or gray.

Another pattern that has produced some good gills for me in the past is a Crazy Charlie, which, I believe, is primarily a saltwater pattern used to mimic a shrimp. I have tied some in chartreuse to fish for small largemouths on my three weight and ended up catching a bunch of gills along with the largemouths. Nothing like largemouths and gills on light tackle ;) .

Take care,

Terry

I tend to fish larger flies for sunfish. Mainly to keep the smaller ones off, and to tempt the smallmouths that live in the creek

I like Sneaky Pete style sliders tied size 4 or 6. This is my most productive color.

IPB Image

Last year I could do know wrong with an Orange Chernobyl Ant with brown and copper legs tied on a size 6 or 8 TMC 300

I saw this one being tied at a local fishing show over the winter and decided to add it to my box for this season

IPB Image

I also like minnow patterns for them. Here's some that I use at various times.

IPB Image

I've also had them nail minnow patterns 3 or 4 inches long that I was fishing for smallies

Green Weenies have been my best subsurface the past couple seasons. I tie them in sizes 8 and 10 with and without a black bead head. Larger Beadhead, soft hackle PT Nymphs, damsel fly nymphs, white estaz bugs.

Here are a couple of off-beat "flies" I caught a few on last fall.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Philly I love those mimi-minnows.....very nice

every 'gill box needs a fricket....Have you met Franken Fricket?????.....bbbwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhhh :devil: :bugeyes: :help: :devil:

post-5367-1176890664_thumb.jpg

Never came across a sunny that could resist a wooly worm (yellow chenille, red floss tail).

Retrive it slowly, figure of eight style.

Even got away with fishing the wooly worm dry for sunnies (greased up with floatant).