Fly Tying
dfield

90 sec ties

I'm in. :headbang: with some eggs.

Picken6,Still working on the saltwater flies

:P

If worse comes to worse and they don't let you host it, I will. Just let me know. I have more then met the requirements for hosting.

Randy

Ok I am in with a marabou nymph.

I learned to tie it while I was in Germany.

First you wrap a thread base

Then you take a marabou feather and tie it in at the bend leaving the tip hanging over for a tail

Then Wrap the feather up the shank to the eye

Tie it off....

And presto you have a nice fuzzy nymph that is really quite effective

do we have a host yet??????????????????????????

As long as no one minds I am going to act as host untill I get the word one way or the other. There are two swapers that have said they would be happy to take on the role SM if needed.

I'm in dfield. Also, I still need an addy for the golden stone swap!

Dale

I noticed that we have a couple of frist time swappers with us, and from teaching experance when one person has a question three others that need the answer.

If you’re new to fly swaps welcome aboard.

Swaps are a lol of fun and a great way to improve the quality of your ties. I have always enjoyed swaps and have never been in one that had some major problem although I know it happens.

This a do as I say not as I did thing but

You should read: http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?act...st=0&do=findComment&comment=11606

It will answer most of your questions about swapping.

Never send a box. a flybox, a tin or a family heirloom that you can't live without. It also helps the SM greatly if you label your tin with at least your name.

All swaps are a little different but I think you should tie a fly for each swapper including yourself. That way when you get your box back you have the whole swap including your fly in one spot.

I like to take my swaps and frame them.

You could also take a three-ring notebook, a hole punch and some sheets of craft foam and build a notebook of swaps.

I think it is worth the effort to make a place to keep the flies from swaps together.

Of course you can alway put them in your flybox and get them wet.

dfield, How many flies are we looking to ty. I got a bunch of eggs done but I don't want to send them till I have a count.

Personally, I like to get my swap flies wet. :headbang:

Although, I do keep all the tags and tape them per swap to the wall around my bench, with the fly I tyed attached.

:P

Good info dfield. I like to fish mine, but not before tying a few copies of the patterns i'm not familiar with.

If I can't figure out the materials, it's easy enough to e-mail the person whose tag is on the fly.

Altoids tins seem to be the container of choice, but I've seen things like chewin' tobacco boxes an :P d the like. I try to put in a few extra flies for the swapmaster (and I label them as "extra") for his trouble.

Swaps are great for developing your tying skills and seeing new patterns. I think I've been in 18 swaps in the last year, can't get enough. :P

dfield, How many flies are we looking to ty. I got a bunch of eggs done but I don't want to send them till I have a count.

We are at 13 I don't know if we will pick up more tiers as we go along or not. I will close it to new tiers nov 14, so how many we have on that date will be teh final count. I have been keeping a running count of tiers and the flies they are going to tye on the opening post.

Juice and eggs

I'm in if you'll have me... I've been abscent for a while on the board but have done about 6 or 8 swaps here before, just haven't been on the board for the last say 6 months or so. So if I can I'll be in with a cactus egg.

Steve

I also like to fish swap flies, I have caught a bunch of fish on swap flies. I have let some swappers know there flies catch fish when I can remember who tyed them, and they are generally happy about that.

I have hosted 7 swaps so far and this is my 28th swap in the last year! I like Chase can't seem to get enough, these swaps Rock :headbang: I will say my wife is happy to see me use up the materals I keep buying :hyst:

Dfield I have mine all tyed up so send me your addy when you're ready for them

Thanks for hosting!!

Justin

I'll be tying a # 20 variation of Mike Mercers "bead head midgeling" in black.