Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Cunningham

I would like to introduce myself

Hi Everyone. I just joined the site last night, and I wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been a fly fisherman for quite a few years, and a number of years ago (A lot!) I got a Thompson A vise and tied some flies, but never got into the flow of it. In the last year or so I have returned to what is really a neat hobby that complements the FF part perfectly. I fish warmwater, as the good coldstreams here in PA are a lot further than I usually have time to travel to. I think I will be spending the bulk of my time in the Beginner and Warmwater areas, but this site looks like a tremendous place to learn the art and craft of good tying, and I am looking forward to the winter tying season here. Anyway, now to dust off a very old but still workable model "A" and get to work. See you all in the forums, at some point I hope I can contribute.

Thanks, :D

Hi Dale. Yea, it is really a very absorbing past time, and you learn a lot about stream life, entomology and so forth, which just adds to the enjoyment out on the stream. I know I will learn a lot here.

Hi Rock, and thanks. BTW, I just saw that the site has an "Introduce Yourself" spot on the forum, so I apologize for posting this in the general forum area. If the Administrator needs to move this post no problem.

Thanks! :dunno: (I guess it pays to look first!)

Welcome Bob to the site. Its a great site with a great bunch of guys and gals...........many with a good sense of humor....no names mentioned......cough cough :P Lots of help here if and when you need it

Mike................... B)

Welcome. I too fell into the trap of fly tying. It's a great past time that turns into a passion. Jeremy

You found the right spot! This site impresses in so many ways... from the people to the technology to the guys who run the show.

Happy tying!

Wow, thanks everyone for the warm welcome! As the winter "cabin fever" sets in this will be a great spot to learn and get some of those "must have" killer patterns for the new season. This past season I added a kayak to the mix, and it has opened up a lot of new water for me. Getting the cast down from the 'yak is another matter though...LOL :P

Welcome aboard Bob!

I got into flytying myself a little over 30 years ago w/a Thompson "A" vise. Got distracted for a number of years and then dug it back out about 5 years ago......It's still going strong

Mike