Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dr Rock

Thank you to the FTF

I would like to thank all the members and participants in the 2007 FTF Contest. I especially would like to thank Smallie Hunter for his comprehensive and professional efforts to bring this contest to fruition. I'm honored that my fly was selected as the overall winner. I would also like to thank my fellow members of the Northwest Atlantic Salmon Fly Guild for their encouragement. They are a wonderful group who show a passion for tying. I would like to recognize those people who have mentored me, supplied me with materials for this contest, and encouraged me in tying. They are truly top notch people who have a wealth of knowledge and insight. To Tony Smith, Steve Brocco, Harry Lemire, Glenn Wilson, John Olschewsky, Dave McNeese, Rich Youngers, Elva Hartwig, Todd Yorke, Brad Boyden, Ron Romig, Mike Radencich, Marvin Nolte, Anton and Edwin Rist, Ed Wolfer, Roger Plourde, Jens Pilgard, Phil Castleman, Ronn Lucas, Ron Reinhold, Bill Hrinko and of course John McLain, I think you are the best.

Rockwell Hammond, Jr.

Rock love your work not just your winning fly but all of the 1s you entered if you don't mind me asking what is the green feather. :headbang: :headbang: any way you do stupendous work

Rocky

Thank you for the compliment on my work. Anyhow, the green feather is Quetzal which unfortunately is hard to obtain. I'll try to post the Birdwing recipe in the near future. I'm not very good at this computer stuff.

congrats on the win Rocky. you did a fantastic job on the fly

my congrats to all the cat winners also. this years flies were truly awsome.

Bud

When I opened your package I knew that fly was going to be a hard one to beat. Congrats, you deserved it.

Congratulations again, well deserved and really nice to see the a Salmon Fly as the overall winner again this year. Seems to be a pattern emerging here, 2 years in a row a realistic and now 2 years in a row Classic's, interesting!!

You certainly have a great resource with the members of the Guild, I was just visiting that website today, amazing work from amazing tyer's, yourself included.

Best Wishes and hope to see more of your work!!

Enjoy the Rod, you earned it!