Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap #3. FLOATERS!

Today, the mailman brought some very nice yellow foam spiders tied by Iowaflyguy. Very nicely done! That puts us at 18 sets in, & 2 sets in the mail. We are waiting on flies from day5 and Chase Creek and they should be here just any day. You guys have done a great job of getting your flies to me. I'll try to get them back into the mail as soon as I get those last 2 sets.

Take Care

BB

I got Chase Creek's flies today. Lake Erie Kings! WOW! That is a great looking fly. Thanks Chase Creek.

That makes 19 out of the 20 sets in. And THAT means that day5 is the donkey's tail on this one. Hey, day5, my Grandma was slow too, but she was OLD! What's your excuse? :hyst:

As soon as I get that last set in, I'll try to get them right back out to you guys & gal! Thanks, everyone, for a great set of flies!

BB

day5, you made it, barely! Your flies arrived today. I must say, this is a unique way to tie up a foam fly. I think you guys are going to enjoy this one. I am especially curious about the foam you used. That's some neat stuff. Is it that larva lace stuff? I have something similar to it called Frogskin. Just a different color, I think.

I will try to get the flies back in the mail on Monday.

My computer died this morning, & I'm trying to make do with a cobbled-together set up. It's very inconvenient & I don't have my favorites. Couldn't remember passwords for stuff and all that. But I'll try to let you all know when I get the flies in the mail. I may not be on the site much until I get the computer fixed.

Take care all, and thanks for a great set of flies.

BB

Its foam with swiss straw pulled over it. It looks like a japanese beetle when wet. the hook is inverted for fishing around lilly pads and structure. And fish snag free. I included 2 of the hooks for you to check out they are swimming nymph hooks. I also sent all of the other flies we discussed.

Its foam with swiss straw pulled over it. It looks like a japanese beetle when wet. the hook is inverted for fishing around lilly pads and structure. And fish snag free. I included 2 of the hooks for you to check out they are swimming nymph hooks. I also sent all of the other flies we discussed.

I cannot WAIT to se this fly.

I thought you all would be happy and excited to know that your sets of flies are on the way. You are all getting a very nice box of bluegill flies. I hope they catch lots of fish for each of you. This has been a great swap. You have all done great work, cooperated with the "rules" of the swap well, and it has been a pleasure to be the "meister" of this one.

Thanks to all of you for the extra flies. It certainly makes being a "swapmeister" a rewarding and pleasant experience.

Please let me know when your flies arrive, because I like to keep track of things until the swap is completed. If I don't hear from you in a week, or so, I'll be sending you PM to ask if you have gotten yours yet. So, to avoid me having to do that, just post to the thread saying, "I got mine."

Thanks again to all

BB

Oh my God!!! I just found out my mailman is a fly fisher .I don't always get the new catalogs ,I didn't receive the first issue of hatches I ordered. I hope he dosn't figure out whats inside the swap packages coming in and out.What should I do ? I think I can take him.

Well I wont do anything as long as nothing else goes missing. I am nervous about the swaps now .

Got'em today - REALLY nice set of flies. The Bluegills around here are going to go nuts over these.

Great job tying, great job "meistering". Thanks all.

I got mine today. :yahoo: I don't think I've seen a greater swap with the variety of ties than we have here. Great work everyone. After using all of them there may not be any fish left in my lake. :bugeyes: Thanks for hosting BB.

Great swap breambuster, the gill busters arrived in California, the gills must go into hiding. Great variety of flies, many thanks to all.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Great swap breambuster, the gill busters arrived in California, the gills must go into hiding. Great variety of flies, many thanks to all.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

do what I did .......tie him a box of flies!

Got mine today.Nice job everyone.This was the first swap I joined on this forum.I think I may have been spoiled now.It is going to be hard to match this one .Thanks for hosting BB.Sory I didn't think to send extra's for hosting,good idea and I will catch you on the sinkers.

Fred

P.S. don't discount that little black water beetle I sent you guys it is deadly.