Fly Tying
Michigan Trout Guy

Favorite Trout Streamers

Muddlers fished wet and dry.Brookies love them on the surface too.........Frank

Pine squirrel sculpins, mink sculpins, slump busters, mohair leeches, T&A rainbows, matukas, muddlers, sparrows, articulated sparrows, and double bunny leaches all work great for trout on Lake Taneycomo after the sun goes down :headbang:

Damn, I need to get tying!

duckydoty

Steve, I like them secret flies the best B)

On Cumberland River in Kentucky I had good luck on woolly buggers and its infinite variations (especially Coffey's Sparkleminnow) as well as Dave Whitlock's Sheep Shad. I'd assume EP fiber streamers, etc... would work great too. Color didn't seem to matter as long as it was shiny, didn't jig up and down very much, and looked like a shad or minnow.

Wow,

A lot of suggestions there. Thanks guys. Looks like the "don't know what to tie" excuse just went right out the window. :D I think I'm going to have to sit down and have a little session some time this weekend.

Great minds think alike...I was just going to say Black Ghost and there it was....

also technically a bucktail don't forget Eric Leiser's Llama...he loves woodchuck. I think he might even eat them!!...love ya Eric.

HT

The best luck I have ever had fishing streamers for trout was a sz. 8 weighted woolly booger, olive tail, black chenille, and olive hackle. I caught tons of trout in just a few minutes. One was around 15-16 inches, the others more like 13-14.

TMC 300 size 14 black wooly buggar and about 10 inches back at size 4 TMC 300 Olive wooly buggar, both with a little crystal flash in there.

Deadly. Futzer.

1.black woolly bugger

2.black or olive butt ugly booger

3.t&a streamer

4.big fly big fish