Fly Tying
Leif Ortenholm

Spiders from Leif

Hello again Leif, brilliant to see you back.

If they don't rate your photo's then I'll try and compensate for them for you.

Those spiders would scare anyone, even an arachnologyst ; let alone us tiers.

Hi Leif - indeed welcome back....... now if I didn't know that these were flies I would head for the hill's already - big spiders tend to freak me out. i used to write nature and gardening articles and although I now find them fascinating creatures after all the research, I tend to give the biggies a wide berth! and these chaps look SOOOOOOOOOOOOO real *gulp*

Well done. Did they take you long to create? did you do them from a picture or from the *shudder* real mcoy?

Jeanne

Thanks al for the warm welcome! :D

Jeanne:I have seen them in the nature,but i have tied them from pictures,the planing and thinking and some drawing did take some time.the tying did take couple of hours for this two...

Leif

WOW! You guys who tie realistic type flies do incredible work in that field.It never ceases to amaze me. I have to ask, what do you do with all of those creepy crawlies that you tie? Do you ever fish them? Do you use them to scare the women folk?

Oh... is that astroturf under that leaf? :D

Hi,yes ofcource we fish some realistic,but not this kind of flies/spiders =)

I sell some and swap some and some are standing here and looking at me,its fun to show them at shows and other events and some people walk true and jump away when they see the stuff at the table...last year a guy that was realy afraid of spiders did stand far away from my table,but after some time he stand and looked close to it,but still shaking and that was strong of him!

Yes its astroturf i had to google it to see what you meant :D

Leif

Hey Leif, long time no chat, you have been busy. So have I, nice spiders. Love those flies, keep up the great work, and no I have not forgotten the book. Slow but sure work is being done. I wish I was rich , so I could spend time writing and tying, and less working. Bill Chandler

Thanks flytyer guy,stroli and Bill!

Bill,Yes i know what you mean with the time:\

Let me know if we should update some pictures and flies..

Here is one more,Garden spider hook TMC 206BL #16

IPB Image

Leif