Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
kbris

Did Board Replace my avater with their own logo

On a serious note, Oatka, we'd love to have you drive/walk/swim/fly to MI. Hope you can find a way to make it.....

PK - are you feeling ok? Dale watch ER once, maybe he could check you out. See, you said "on a serious note" and based on that you MUST be feeling sick. who here has EVER been serious? .....well, except Day5 expressing his desire to tie the diaper fly!

I'll have to look into the show details and see if my wife wants me out of town without her and the kids.

Hope all of you can make this show. Its the Midwest Fly Fishing Expo. I've set it up and taken it down for years. Casting pond is my job of recent years and its the biggest indoor casting pond in the us. I look forward to meeting Bud and Gordiuxes as well as all the other forum members. See everyone there. I'll be around John Booth as usual

yea thats it, midwest fly fishing expo, i remember john telling me about the big swimming hole, if there are no trees behind that hole i may have a go at it, i'm headed up to the catskills in clearwater in june so somebody gotta teach me the finer points of casting. oatka, i'll be bringing my version of the depends fly there so you need to make it up there in michigan. my fly will be named, All Depends ? i'll start on it tonight. i wonder if depends material take dye well,

Bud

Bud, I can't wait to see the fly, although likely you'll need to post a picture for me to see it. I'm not sure about all colors, but Depends does dye quite well using yellow! ;)

Thank your lucky stars you haven't dyed them any darker colors . . . . .

I think the "bait fisherman" moniker is a good plan. Anyone who gets offended at being called a bait fisherman probably isn't worth keeping around :P Will have to check into the fly fishing expo; looks interesting. Is there any chance of catching something in the casting pond if I bring some night crawlers? Suffering withdrawal...

This thread might be officially HIJACKED! PK WTF do not invite the big O to MI... ARE YOU HI! Property values are at an all time low already! O KEEP YOUR DIAPER!

LOL!

This thread might be officially HIJACKED! PK WTF do not invite the big O to MI... ARE YOU HI! Property values are at an all time low already! O KEEP YOUR DIAPER!

LOL!

<_< I might just have to pack my bags and leave tonight........ <_<

actually.....if "the big O" is a reference to me.....the PK, you are safe, D5 actually invited me and the wife to visit him and go fishing. but he'll never admit to having said that! fortunately, i'm broke enough that it will probably never happen. but, with all the talks about shows, i might be able to squeak one out this year.

Oatka, my wife and I were just talking about you today. How far are you from Montpelier, VT?

D5 - just put Mamma Ruggles down and it will be ok.

PK - I hope you were only telling her good things about me. VT....that's about a 4-5 hour drive to the NY VT border. I'm in Rochester, middle of the south shore of lake Ontario.

I was telling her how you would take us on a guided trip if we stopped by on our way to VT, including taking us to all those great LRB spots like you did Graham and Wicked....

Well, that's true, if you stopped here, i'd take you out, even let you call me your guide. but, i'm not that qualified and truth be told, Graham and Brent knew those spots probably long before I did (although I've lived her my whole life) and they had fished there a week before I got out to fish with them.

so, stop by and we'll fish! does your wife fish? my wife just yesterday was saying how she needs to get back out to Spring Brook Creek (the first place we fished, were i showed her how to fly fish).

oatka, one of these days you'll have to break out of the county line and come over to the 'better' side of NY and fish the Salmon, West Canada, Moose, Black and a whole host of other blue ribbon water that's only about 2 hours from you. Although fishing the same water all the time isn't bad, it just gets boring when the fish you keep catching know your name and ask you how the wife and kids are before you release them for the 67th time. . . . .