Fly Tying
day5

Whats you vise

Choose your vise  

956 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You sleep with your vise too? :unsure:

Certainly not. It has it's own perfectly good bed complete with velvet pillow.

Just got the Dyna King Barracuda. It's a beautiful thing. I have a Renzetti Traveler Saltwater vice I think I'm gonna be selling. My next one will be the HMH Standard with the tube assembly.

Jeremy

My newest one and hopefully last one is a jvice. www.jvice.com

Top view with the Pro Jaws mounted on the side of the base.

28915494.jpg

38416485.jpg

These pro jaws can hold a very large hook.

48660945.jpg

Vise with the midge jaws

dscn5315w.jpg

Size 12 1X fly in the midge jaws, lots of room to work. You can bend the hook in the jaws, it really holds the small hooks tight.

54478004.jpg

Size 18 fly in the midge jaws, and still lots of room to work. I had a bare size 22 in it a couple of days ago and when I find the hooks again I'll post a picture. These jaws are great for the small stuff.

90095352.jpg

The vise can also be mounted on the front of the base if you need it closer to you.

94083888.jpg

I love those j-vice photos you posted. That's a great looking setup. I'd love to try one sometime, but never see it anywhere except at the shows.

I use a Snowbee Waldron, a Nor-vise, a Regal Medallion, and an Anvil Apex.

I'm on the 2nd set of jaws in my DanVise...more due to me being an idiot than over-use. I have been tying more in the last year than the first 4-5 years combined, though.

Hunter's Mad House ( HMH ) - Standard, I have both the standard and midge jaws. I love this thing. They have me sold for life.

Fantastic vises, aren't they? :thumbsup:

Mike

This is my first vice, I went for the Standard which is just one under their top model. I figured It was gonna be my biggest investment in fly fishing next to my rod so I went with a good one that I figured would last me quite a long time. I really like it. It was a toss up between this and Dyna King but for whatever reason the HMH line just shone out over Dyna for me. I also purchased the midge jaws. Next addition the bobbin rest and It will be all set. DOn't even know if I need the bobbin rest yet. We'll see.

New here. I use a Regal medallion. I love it for its ease of use and simplicity. Squeeze the handle, insert hook, and release handle. Thats it, your done.

I just picked up my first vise, a Griffin Odyssey Spider. I've tied maybe a dozen flies tonight on it, clousers and woolly buggers. Super nice vise for the money!

I just picked up my first vise, a Griffin Odyssey Spider. I've tied maybe a dozen flies tonight on it, clousers and woolly buggers. Super nice vise for the money!

Congratulations! Hope you have a ton of fun with it! :)

My first vise was a Griffin Montana Pro. Later, I got a Peak Rotary with all of the optional brass stuff they have. The Peak looks cool, but I still use the Griffin 95% of the time. I think the Griffin holds hooks way better with a lot less fiddling.

Take Care!

neoFLYte

Austin, TX

my first vice was a terra rotary for about $45 which had huge jaws and could not even hold a big hook. then i just recently last week updated to a renzetti traveler!

That Montana Mongoose seems like a really nice vise. I think they did a nice job with the layout, and it seems quite smooth. It looks cool too!