Fly Tying
JustinDavis

Bead Organization

How do you organize your beads?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use these 1" dia. 1/2 oz. jars from uline (second smallest pictured). 200 per case $.28 ea.

I glue them together making a stackable storage system THAT ACTUALLY STAYS TOGETHER! The lids thread on tight and hold not like the stackable crap Ive tried in the past that topples apart when you breath on them. I can glue these 3' high and beat the kids with them all day long and they stay together.

One stack for tungsten, one for brass, one for glass ect. ect.

They are really a must have for a million other uses too. 200 may sound like a lot but its not enough...trust me.

post-46683-0-94475100-1377378483_thumb.jpg

I use one of these;

IMGP1578.jpg

I picked it up at Lee Vallet Tools in Edmonton. I use Bead Nabbers to pick them up and I use the needles with collapsible eyes for stringing them.

I want one... I looked on there web site didn't see it there. Bummer!!

I picked up some cheap multi compartment boxes in a cheap hardwear section of supermarket. The compartments are actually flush with the lid unlike some pricey ones I've tried and they hold all my beads nicely.

I don't use glass beads, so the only organization I need is for brass/tungsten beads or coneheads. I keep most in ziplock type bags, but place them in a parts cabinet like this one.

m3021b.jpg

That's exactly what I use. If you have a Michael's store near by, go online and there's usually a 40% or 50% off coupon. Print that out and get these for cheap. I use one for tungsten beads, one for brass beads, the third for eyes, bead chain, cone heads, etc. I usually don't keep a lot of inventory, so three is enough, at least for now.

All these posts about organisation I'm getting worried, the next stage if forming committees. If you go there I'm outta here!

scooter.gif

C.

I got this 6 compartment organizer that came with these stackable twist open containers that go in each compartment. I think I got it at Michael's for like 8 bucks. It is one of my favorite tying purchases so far.