Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

Lovely flies everyone!

Bearhug C

That's pure eyecandy Claudia. What did you make the first section of the body with and what feather is the underwing? Yummy..

Hi :) real glad you like it. Underwing is BOP= bird of paradise the chatterbody is made from the green head and neck feathers of a golden breasted starling.

Bearhug C

bhq1.jpg

A little beadhead to pass the time. UV Violet is supposed to be the hot color of the coming fashion season, so I should get ready :lol2:

J.

great fly! did you get the idea from a hotspot on a czech nymph? :rolleyes:

i would be posting flies right now but my mums has the camera <_< :wallbash: <_< :wallbash:

Lovely flies everyone!

Bearhug C

That's pure eyecandy Claudia. What did you make the first section of the body with and what feather is the underwing? Yummy..

Hi :) real glad you like it. Underwing is BOP= bird of paradise the chatterbody is made from the green head and neck feathers of a golden breasted starling.

Bearhug C

It looks really nice :D What about the other half of the body, the crisscrosed one? Flat braid?

Lovely flies everyone!

Bearhug C

Bearhug C

It looks really nice :D What about the other half of the body, the crisscrosed one? Flat braid?

Gustav. its no less than 20 different ribs tied in :P

Here's the Cream Emerger size 18 I'm working on. Already tied a bunch in Tan and Brown and have to finish the cream and move to Olive size 18 & 22 next.

post-25160-1266415764_thumb.jpg

post-25160-1266416179_thumb.jpg

post-25160-1266416401_thumb.jpg

I'm pushed for time tonight, but wanted to tie something. I was going through my first copy of Hatches and found the HumBug. I don't like chenille, so I opted to dub a few. I think the one with the tapered body is a better tie, but I wanted to try one with a bulkier abdomen. I'll just be using them for panfish... which one do you think would perform better?

post-9601-1266466585_thumb.jpg

post-9601-1266466578_thumb.jpg

those look great dart! i think they are better with chennille. i would guess they both would work.... especially panfish dont really care they just eat =)

those look great dart! i think they are better with chennille. i would guess they both would work.... especially panfish dont really care they just eat =)

Yeah, good point. And they'd be faster to tie.

Here's the Cream Emerger size 18 I'm working on. Already tied a bunch in Tan and Brown and have to finish the cream and move to Olive size 18 & 22 next.

Great looking fly. Nice work.

Yeah, good point. And they'd be faster to tie.

It certainly would, and with the different colors and materials you can find chenille in these days, it's capable of a lot more than it used to be.

Thanks David!

I really like using the Micro Tubing for the body and the CDC for the wing really makes the fish go nuts. :D

The cream emerger pattern is killer for PMD or PED hatches since the flies pop off as soon as they clear the surface.

On my next version I was thinking of adding a trailing shuck to add a little something to the fly and change things up a bit.

Thanks David!

I really like using the Micro Tubing for the body and the CDC for the wing really makes the fish go nuts. :D

The cream emerger pattern is killer for PMD or PED hatches since the flies pop off as soon as they clear the surface.

On my next version I was thinking of adding a trailing shuck to add a little something to the fly and change things up a bit.

That sounds like a great idea! What color shuck will you use? I would probably opt for a pale amber...

Thanks David!

That sounds like a great idea! What color shuck will you use? I would probably opt for a pale amber...

Yup, my choice also..........

I'm pushed for time tonight, but wanted to tie something. I was going through my first copy of Hatches and found the HumBug. I don't like chenille, so I opted to dub a few. I think the one with the tapered body is a better tie, but I wanted to try one with a bulkier abdomen. I'll just be using them for panfish... which one do you think would perform better?

post-9601-1266466585_thumb.jpg

post-9601-1266466578_thumb.jpg

I have an obsession with dubbing and that would be my choice. You can change the density, add colors, blend them together, you can wrap it tight or keep it long. I really like how buggy you can make dubbing look. I feel you have more control with dubbing. Just my 2 cents.