Thread: Benecchi 12/0, grey

Hackle: Brown partridge

Tail: Brown partridge barbs

Underbody: Any fine dubbing, slight taper

Abdomen: Synthetic quill

Thorax: Argentinean Hare, olive

Cheers,

Hans W

Seems the place to put my tinkering. Too much white blowing outdoors, everything shut down so I did these this morning.

post-15490-1235068005_thumb.jpgpost-15490-1235067992_thumb.jpg

Still just learning. I try all sorts of patterns to see what I can learn. Lately I've done Copper Johns, Opening Day Emergers, and Wooly Buggers. Gonna do some smaller stuff now that my newest order of supplies is in. The more I tie, the more materials I seem to need. Getting pretty expensive, but it's incredibly relaxing. No pics yet, actually, nothing I feel is worth showing anyone else.

Great tying Everyone

:headbang:

just to even think of answering to all tyers individually, took me about half day... so many sweet tying been posted in here latly.

but the love fly for Deanna kinda tops it all, that is one hitech super creativ tying, and on top of that its pink. yes im a woman, and i am a sucker for pink :ph34r: ....

Uh, and by the way...a Warm welcome to all the new tyers in here

Bearhug C

... and i am a sucker for pink :ph34r: ....

Here is a little something pink:

pinkintrusive-700.jpg

Michael

I have been playing with SILK. Came up with this Chironomid I call "TRANSFORMER - C"

It is white dry...

IMG_0717.jpg

but wet!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0719.jpg

I have been playing with SILK. Came up with this Chironomid I call "TRANSFORMER - C"

It is white dry...

IMG_0717.jpg

but wet!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0719.jpg

Joni i would be interested in learning what materials you used on this to make it transform. 1 of the best chironomid patterns i have seen.

Thanks for sharing it

Rocky

Rocky, real simple. I am using a Mustad #14 hook and of course matching bead (WHITE)

I Lay down a layer of red thread and tie in some flashabou for a shuck. I then tied in some fine, fine silver wire and the hubby being a rod builder had some silk laying around. I am paying more attention to custom rods lately because of that and I notice, rods wrapped with white, if you don't add color preserve, they disappear. SOOOOO, I thought, that could make a cool effect on a fly.

So I tie the silk ( I don't think brand matters, this is VLI, but Gossomer would work also)

I left a small tag of red and then wrapped. The silver wire is almost invisible when dry, so alittle tuff getting it segmented even.

I made SOFT HACKLES out it also.....way cool.