Fly Tying

SmallieHunter's Smallmouth Fly Swap

Kschu can have my spot. A few things have come up, and I just don`t have much time to tie for myself right now, better yet for other people. Sorry!! I know this is going to be a good swap. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Alright guys here is the official list for the smallmouth swap. I think this is going to prove to be one of the better swaps this site has seen, I can't wait to see them. If you guys wouldn't mind include a material list and brief tying instructions with your flies so that I can add them to the database(if they are not already in there).

Let me know when your finished tying and I will give you my address to ship the flies and the SASE.

Luvinbluegills

FlyFisher09

Bassturd

J.Johnson

Mozes

Artimus

tdyette

Philly

Irish

GHow

MrJim

kschu

Notice that your name isn't on the list Will. Are you hosting this swap just out of the goodness of your heart, or is this the dreaded '13' swap laugh.gif laugh.gif My guess is 12 flies in excluding the one for ourselves. Should be an interesting one.

Art

I haven't had that much time forr tying. I am going to change my fly and tie a sinking clouser minnow. Reason for my lack of time: they just stocked the lake that I live on with 500 smallmouth. smile.gif

Yes

Just send the flies and I am sure he will be well enough to handle it by Aug 20

Thanks

OSD.

I am going to continue to host the swap and I have plenty of free time on my hands so fulfilling my end of the bargain shouldn't be a problem.

Cool! That was all I needed to know, who to send them to. I've been done for a while, and I'll get them sent soon!

Thanks for running this fly swap. I am sending 12 flies.

Jim.

Jim’s Smallmouth Bugger (mrjim)

Hook Mustad 94840 streamer - size 8

Bead head 1/8 black conehead

Thread Uni 6/0 Black

Under-tail Peacock crystal flash

Tail Flo. Green Marabou

Legs Flo. Green medium rubber

Body Black crystal chenille

Rib hackle Black saddle hackle

Note: If the rubber legs are positioned slightly on the same side of the hook as the hook point, they will act as a wing and the fly will ride hook up - it can then be dragged through quite a bit of brush and rock without getting snagged.

Good fly for smallmouth – use an indicator and cast upstream. Let it settle to the bottom then slowly hop it back down through the hole.

Can also be made with different colors and fished using a sinking line.