Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

A meal fit for, well, ME!

This...is...AWESOME!

...the longer I thought about it, the more I wanted to step it up a notch and clog a few arteries for those guys. Behold, BACON EXPLOSION!!! Here’s what you’ll need…

2 pounds thick cut bacon

2 pounds Italian sausage

1 jar of your favorite barbeque sauce

1 jar of your favorite barbeque rub

To kick off the construction of this pork medley you’ll need to create a 5×5 bacon weave.

Wait 'til you see the pics! For the Super Bowl, enjoy Roethlis-BURGERS!

Wow , I thought only we cajuns loved our food that much. Don't forget the hot sauce!!!!

Enjoy the game tomorrow , and I hope its a "game" . So many Super Bowls are one sided blow outs.

Fred

OK I finished putting together bacon explosion. Here are some tips. I had to do a 6x6 bacon weave. and 2 pounds of sausage was a bit on the high side. 1.75 pounds would have been better.But I got it rolled and a big ol' chunk of apple wood is soakin and ready for the grill!!!! Finally Im looking forward to the game!!!

I did the same thing , Ive got that artery clogging loaf chilling in the fridge too, I almost made a big mistake, I cooked the bacon up first and had it sitting on the counter, and for got to put it into the roll . It was a little bit harder to roll up the 2nd time.My wife took 1 look at it and said " If you eat more than 2 pieces of that your gonna die"

i'm gonna try it tommorow, except instead of pork sauage i'll try shrimp in one and duck breast in another, bet it would be great with deer sausage too!!!!!!!!

Bud