Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DHise

my Orvis flies

Futzer made the suggestion to post all of my Orvis flies and I thought it was a bit pretentious but I am proud of what I've done, particularly being a product of the streets of Los Angeles, so here they are. I have had patterns in the Orvis context for over 10 years now and a few of the ones below have been there for 5 years or more (I have lost track though).

There are a few links scattered in between the pics. Many of the patterns come in numerous sizes too. I am excited about this year.

hetero.jpg

heteroorg.jpg

http://www.orvis.com/store/productchoice.a...subcat_id=17486

silicaddis.jpg

eggitan.jpg

eggiwine.jpg

eggired.jpg

http://www.orvis.com/store/productchoice.a...subcat_id=17486

eggiworm.jpg

medusa1.jpg

medusapink.jpg

bigfly.jpg

eggo1.jpg

http://www.orvis.com/store/productchoice.a...p;feature_id=17

hairyfry.jpg

nymphominnow.jpg

ooeygooey.jpg

sly.jpg

Nice! Your caddis larvae has fooled many a browns for me! It's not pretentious at all, it’s more like prestigious.

realy cool files, you have all the right too be proud of your self!

:headbang:

C

Great set of flies and congratulations on getting them in the catalog!

If I buy a fly, will you autograph the hook? :D

Thanks all. Oatka, I think there is a special pen that writes really small. :blink:

GITD pen? Nice tying Dave, I think you may have a future in this business J/K. Cheers, Jeff.

Dave

Those flys are just great. I got the the third from the bottom in box from a Orvis fully loaded vest(half off at a warehouse sale) and I couldn't stop looking (or as my wife says playing) with it until I could get out and fish it. I actually tried to copy it with my materials on hand and I think it was my first photo post here. You were the only person to comment on it (thanks for that) and offered the ready solution to my problem when I fished that first one I tied. And you didnt even mention any similarity to your pattern (maybe because mine were so bad) :D Definitely a laid back and unpretentious fellow indeed. Id just like to fish with you as I dont see many trout like that in your avatar.

Your fly from Orvis has taken an elevated position in my box as I didnt want to risk losing it or it getting chewed until I could figure out the pattern. And I did catch a stocked brookie with my poor imitation of your fly. What is the name of that fly?

Great flys and accomplishment you deserve to fee great pride.

Nice flies Dave! Didn't realize you owned Casters. I get up that way every couple of months on the way to the in-laws in Jefferson, NC. Will try to stop on the next visit.

you rock :headbang:

I am waiting to see a Bojangles inspired fly :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Thanks everyone.

Ridley- That fly is affectionately named nymph-o-minnow-ac :smoke:

When I said nice, well I meant, exceptional, Dave, I have submitted flies to a number of major companies, and never got one accepted. I am not ashamed by that in any way, as it is not as easy as most think. Congratulations, and you have inspired many to follow in your footsteps. Buy American bugs from local shops and tyers.

Cheers, Futz

Good Day,

Dave - oh now you are just showing off! :P Come on, you don't see me going on about my 24 international tying awards do you? :whistle: Congratulations again my friend, you should absolutely be proud of your accomplishments! Not everyone gets their flies in a catalog! :headbang:

Steelie