Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Horseshoes

The Eastern Swap

Okay all you talented, patient, forgiving, generous and fun loving swappers(too much?), I went to the post office yesterday. Well...what a trip! The flies are in the post! (as of june19)

This is what I learnt....

1) International coupons:U.S.... if your P.O. uses them, which by law they have to, then no matter how much you pay for them they are worth $1.65 CAD Do not add stamps to the coupon, it makes no difference, the coupon is only a credit of $1.65 CAD. Canadians... do not buy the coupons, it cost us over $3. a coupon to stamp a U.S. letter. The $bill in the mail is the best thing over all or don't do cross border swapping.

2) U.S. P.O. Money orders.... In Canada only the PINK International money order is redeemable here. The green one is only good for in the states.

3) Any envelope with contents, that is thicker than 20mm moves up from a charge of $2.21 CAD(tax incl.) to a cost of $5.25 CAD (tax incl.). It becomes a small packet .

If envelope is under 20mm in thickness and...

0-100g = $2.21 CAD

over 100g up to 200g = $3.84 CAD

4) Canadians.. your post office is not allowed to give a S.A.S.E. to you that has been weighed and then has the computerized label on it for a return postage. You know, those white O/S postage label they run off after weighing the envelope.

5) Canadians...If you mail a O/S (oversized) letter to the U.S. you can air mail. This is considered letter post.

If you mail Smalll packet , air is extra. This is considered parcel post.

Flies are flying ...... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: What a great job everyone did. :yahoo: :yahoo: Thank you very much for sharing your talents and great sense of humors. Please post when your flies arrive.

That picture is just sooo wrong. but fun too. I think you may have some of the sadist in you.

At least I can identify mine. (I think)

Is the bottom right a yellow bomber? This is cruel and unusual punishment. Can you slowly zoom out until we see the whole thing?

Top row third from the left what is that?

There are 13 flys in that picture but only 11 swappers including Horsehoes that sent in flies. Could there be "presents" from horseshoes or was I right and he is torturing us?

You get the dirty dozen. I said I would make up the difference for the two "no replies" and I did. They are not presents, you paid for them by swapping your fly.

Ridleyffo shame on you for not recognizing your fly. :o tsk tsk

yellow bomber I must admit I did laugh when I finished it, sounded just a little evil. :rolleyes:

ibian, ibian you make it all worth while. :devil:

Wait till you see the montage the "NO R.S.V.P. Swap" is going to have. All those flies. So when that swap is over, visit and try to figure out what the flies are. There are still openings by the way. ;)

We did so well in this swap. I meant it when I said our swappers make swaps fantastic to host. :headbang: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Keep an eye on your post and listen to the fluttering in the envelopes.

Hats off to you Horseshoes, you made my first fly swap something to enjoy and have definitly gone above with donating extra flies to cover the no repliers.

Thanks again, hope to be in more swaps with you all, can't wait to see the new goods!

Cheers

After opening my long awaited package from Horseshoes, all I can say is I feel guilty! I look at these flies and I see some labor intensive pieces of work. In a few cases I would even say works of art. Looking at them I can see I will be making a few clandestine purchases of materials in the future...(I wanna stay married for a while) and trying to copy these beauties. None of these will ever see water...they are going in a shadow box with names and descriptions! Thanks for the inspiration folks, and Horseshoes , thank you for a great swap!!! :thumbup: :headbang:

lykos33 beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I saw your bomber and it is worthy of its' place in this swap. I am glad they arrived safely. They should be plunking on a few floors soon. :hyst:

I will be making a few clandestine purchases of materials in the future...(I wanna stay married for a while) and trying to copy these beauties. :

Lykos you have twice the problem I have. I only have to hide the receipts from my wife, as she doesnt have the slightest idea what is in my feather stock and I can always say "Ive had that cape for a long time" Having met your wife in Bruce's online class I realize she ties right along with you and she will notice something like say a Grade A jungle cock cape showing up in your materials cache. :bugeyes: :crying: :hyst:

Maybe I will stop trying to convince my wife to learn to cast.

Guys, all your flies are beauties. It was a pleasure to be in this swap. You really made my first swap one to remember! This definatly wont be my last.

Horseshoes - all I have to say, thanks.

Awesome ties everyone!! Horseshoes, thanks for everything, this was a lot of fun and a big hats off for the extras you tied. That big ugly bomber was mine not lykos33 lol, it may be ugly but it produces!

Can't wait to try some of these, thanks again everyone, just like salmo-salar said, you've made my first swap emjoyable as well and i look forward to many more!

"Awesome ties everyone!! Horseshoes, thanks for everything, this was a lot of fun and a big hats off for the extras you tied. That big ugly bomber was mine not lykos33 lol, it may be ugly but it produces!

"

You are right , used the wrong name. Lykos33 buzzers. Sorry lykos33 I had a brain fart. :hyst: