Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fcflyguy

crease flys

Haven' tied any, but have fished them.....sometimes they will have a tendency to lie on thier side...there are ways to correct this...I was just recently reading an old thread about this very topic..it may be in the archiives...anyway, I kinda favor a crease fly that does lie on its side...just like that "i'm but outta gas" look of dying baitfish. Some guys will use foam to "close" the face, some will leave it open for a neat "bubble trail" effect. Most of the open faced designs I have fished had more of "slider" effect, and provided a more subtle presentation...closed faced crease flies can provide the same thrashing, popping action of poppers...either way, the creas fly is a great surface fly and produces nice fish, both in freshwater and saltwater applications...There is NO shortage of information on this topic and I'm sure someone with more knowledge than myself anc lead you in the right direction.

Guest rich mc

directions for ron dongs crease fly can be seen on www.danblanton.com under the hot flies . rich

directions for ron dongs crease fly can be seen on www.danblanton.com under the hot flies . rich

Very cool website. thanks for the post :headbang:

I fish them and tie them. I actual prefer the fact that they lay on their sides as it imitates an injured bait fish pretty well. I fish them on top or use a sinker and fish them subsurface.

I'll be using a bunch of them in 2.5 weeks in La Paz, I'll let you know how they do. :devil:

I actual prefer the fact that they lay on their sides

Capt. Joe Bladow who designed the Crease Fly taught my club on a couple occasions how to tie and fish this fly. He intended for it to be fished on it's side as described so it would look like a wounded baitfish.

A lot of guys, particularly in the salt fish them on sinking lines.......they twitch them, let them rise abit and then twitch them again and they look like a wounded bait fish......

Mike

are you planing on having a swap for them??

If so it sounds fun.. And they look very cool..

lmao i am sorry thought i was in the swap area lol well it was a thought lol

This is a pretty cool site www.buzfly.com/html/crease_flies.html

good discussion, I tied these but only because they looked cool, never caught anything on them. I'll definitely try fishing them on a sinking line!!!

I also took this crease fly as it would lay sideways. basically like a floating almost dead fish u see when its just twitching around on its last fin(lol). you know it! fish will eat that up cause it looks injured and dying! if I was gonna use it I would prolly give it lil strips here and there to make it twitch around and look dying