Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

Fast realistics ?

post-11886-1244845318_thumb.jpg

Trying to find patterns I could tie in under an hour , be fishable and still look realistic. Shown next to his dead and dried up counterpart. This pattern came in under 50 mins and I think with enough detail to be recognizable as a paper wasp. I spared no time in making it durable though . It should take a lickin and still look as you see it thru at least a few fishing trips.

Fred

And it would still take me three hours to tie! :lol:

Great job, Fred! Please, share more! :serenade:

Thanks airedale ,of course my 50 hour version is alot nicer. It has a built in GPS , a 6 slot Cd changer

and a cloaking device. Oh and if anyone wants to order one , the hook and the chrome are priced seperate. You know; after market add ons.Collectors are all over thease 50 to 150 hour flies. Exspecially the ones with out a hook eye . But the ones they really want are the ones without a hook at all. I had one ask me for a full dressed salomon fly on piano wire . Of course tying a 50 hour fly is tying 10hrs past a forty hour work week. That would mean on an insect I could spend 8 hrs on each leg. So I make each leg like a Swiss army knife with 7 handy tools .(2 knives , 2 scewdrivers,awl,saw and a toothpick) (oral hygene is very important to me).Please don't ask for a step by step on these as I have decided to go pro. And if someone were to find out im not really tying these and I'm gluing parts on the hook instead of tying it could hamper my sales.

But the internet is great isn't it ? I can make something and call it what ever I want. People are so stupid. They'll never catch on , exspecially the Americans. Oh, I almost forgot. I 've had trouble shipping over seas. It seems the people in customs think my flies are so real that they wont allow them out of the country. Damm Swine flu.

It's great if you want to tie realistic flies , but know, alot of the fame and fortune surrounding them is fictional. Most of the stories you have heard about flies selling for thousands of dollars are just not true. In fact most of the stories in this form of tying are fictional . If it sounds too incredible to be true, than it probably is. Some of the tyers here need to get over themselves. You are just tying flies . Or at least ,your suposed to be.

Fred

Fred, those are a great idea. I always wanted some kind of realistic to throw at the fish and see if they are realy impressed enogh to bite into them. If you ever do post instructions it will give us all the oportunity to get a few wet and see what the scaled sector has to say about the realistic side of tying. Keep up the good work on inspiring us all.

Fred

Are you still fighting that fight? :D It like your bi-monthly visitor. Let's see if HE bites. :whistle:

:boxing:

Fred

Are you still fighting that fight? :D It like your bi-monthly visitor. Let's see is HE bites. :whistle:

:boxing:

Damn... I got stuck installing the GPS... :wallbash:

I honestly don't have the patience for tying the really complicated ones... (Damn teenage hormonal attention span lapses...) :nopity:

Just don't get TOO lazy and just glue frogs and bugs to the hook... Nothings worse than getting a box of dead bugs in the mail. (And I have. Nothing smells worse than a box full of half-dead crickets to feed to my lizards. :sick: )