Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rich5665

Swapoholics Anonymous Swap

I'm getting some new materials and tools. Can't find the old ones.

When tools mysteriously vanish and your materials disappear, someone somewhere very close to you is trying to tell you something. Sounds like "tough love". Swapoholics Anonymous is considering forming a support group for distressed loved ones :)

Or you could just get your wife arrested for grand larceny. :rolleyes:

I have the swaps all finished and the bug swap is in the works. :headbang: THIS SWAP....well :dunno: ..it is like I have to not tie these flies. I keep feeling like I shouldn't tie. :crying: How can I tie them when I am suppose to be cutting back. This swap is confusing. :wallbash: Glad for the deadline. I must be having withdraws :hyst: :hyst:

Just have to decide what my poison will be.

Colonel Mel's Somewhat Satisfactory Sunfish Streamers are now in the hands of the US government.

Off the find another swap................

Received Arkansas Mike's Flies as well as Colonel Mels Sunfish Streamer. The Streamer came just in time to. I lost a Clouser Minnow to a sunken log last night :crying: Both flies look great and thanks to both of you for the extras. Now to find another fly box...

I'm getting some new materials and tools. Can't find the old ones.

When tools mysteriously vanish and your materials disappear, someone somewhere very close to you is trying to tell you something. Sounds like "tough love". Swapoholics Anonymous is considering forming a support group for distressed loved ones :)

Or you could just get your wife arrested for grand larceny. :rolleyes:

Might think about that, however, this is one of those cases where, "I hope my wife doesn't sell my fishing stuff for what I told her I paid for it". :wallbash:

Flies in the mail. Though I must say, this group has not been very effective in regards to my addiction. All this has done is get me to join other swaps. Now in the Streamer swap. Thanks for all your support everyone, but the SA group just does not work.

Though I must say, this group has not been very effective in regards to my addiction.

...the SA group just does not work.

Nope. :ripped:

Mike

Thought I had the addiction beat, I was only in two swaps in August. Then I fell off the swap wagon and loaded up on swaps for the first two weeks of September.

Hey Rich,

Sorry about not being very active on your swap thread here...

I have decided on a Mickey Finn, and am almost half-way done.

gage

Just want to thank everyone involved in my attempted recovery. Not only have I entered more swaps since joining this group, I now am tying flies at much more regular sessions. My productivity has increased dramatically. Good Job Everyone

I tried to stay away while on vacation, then I stopped in Gander Mountain. Went right to the Fly Fishing Section. After salivating over the dozen or so fly rods, I began running my fingers through the Salt Water Flies they had on display wondering just how hard it would be to tie some of the patterns up.

Yeah, the Gander's near me suck for fly fishing, but I still check out their stuff every time I am there. It's probably good for my marriage and my wallet that there is not a Cabela's or Bass Pro near my house. I'm trying to get my bro to start entering these swaps also, so that shows you just how ineffective this group has been. Can't wait to get the flies.

In the mail... :headbang: :headbang: In the mail.. :yahoo: :yahoo: Coming your way Rich. With a few new goodies for your collection