Fly Tying
dafunk5446

Warmwater Fly Tyer Personal Photo Thread

100_1691.jpg

My heart lies in fly fishing for trout but every now and then I throw some streamers and topwater bugs for bass!

My heart lies in fly fishing for trout but every now and then I throw some streamers and topwater bugs for bass!

There is nothing wrong with that. In fact most days when I go fishing, I will hit the ponds in the morning before heading to the mountains for trout. I really cant say that I prefer either more then another....catching any type of fish is better then being snooty and only fishing for one species.

[quote name='dafunk5446' post='377053' date='Sep 9 2009, 10:46 PM'

Ack.....must...shield....eyes......from devil stick.......in your hands

just jokin dude

Im a worm burner and clam dunker from way back. The thing is that day the fly rod got its biggest workout ever. I caught that bone in the early am and you had to hurl some metal a country mile to get them. Only two out of 8 of us were able to get out that far that day. (RTL whip cast to the rescue) Notice that light gear though for that bonito. :headbang:

Later we expenrienced the already storied NJ blue fish blitz of 2007. I will try to post a pic somewhere but the blues were crashing the beach from about 70 yards out all the way to the beach and were in just about 6 inches of water. Totally insane day. I was loosing so much gear to the gators including the tip of my fly line that I ended up tying on a bare hook and put a cigarette butt on it. Dam bluefish took that too. I really think that is the day I became a trout fisherman as I sort of grew bored with the carnage. I realized this a week later when I spent over an hour casting to the same rising brown that was tucked in a logfall.

post-10925-1252499926_thumb.jpg

here is a pic of me and the wife on our wedding day

Paul

I never expected such a sweeheart of a guy to look like such a bad ass mother!

Gotta love a wife that lets you wear camo to your wedding and slams shots. she gotta sister?

Im a worm burner and clam dunker from way back. The thing is that day the fly rod got its biggest workout ever. I caught that bone in the early am and you had to hurl some metal a country mile to get them. Only two out of 8 of us were able to get out that far that day. (RTL whip cast to the rescue) Notice that light gear though for that bonito. :headbang:

Later we expenrienced the already storied NJ blue fish blitz of 2007. I will try to post a pic somewhere but the blues were crashing the beach from about 70 yards out all the way to the beach and were in just about 6 inches of water. Totally insane day. I was loosing so much gear to the gators including the tip of my fly line that I ended up tying on a bare hook and put a cigarette butt on it. Dam bluefish took that too. I really think that is the day I became a trout fisherman as I sort of grew bored with the carnage. I realized this a week later when I spent over an hour casting to the same rising brown that was tucked in a logfall.

Yeah I did notice the dainty-ness of that rod, nothing like catching fish on underpowered tackle! I cant say my hands are clean, I just went out catfishin the other night with a buddy....and well.....a fly rod doesn't lend itself to catfishin as well as conventional gear. I agree as well, I am all about the challenge involved with fishing, and that is why I fly fish.

P1013637.JPG

Ugly Enough for you??

Rick

That's it I quit!!!! I hate that I left BC to work in Ontario. Your better ugly in BC then good looking in Ontario j/k.

Ian

"Do these wader make my ass look fat?"

Nope, your ASS makes your ass look fat. :thumbup:

(that's for the "republican" comment on another thread, Rid! LOL!

For some reason I just KNEW someone would use that line...I'm scared to use it after the wife and frying pan incident.....

:ripped: :lol:

And I figured that would get me a dozen fly prize.

My wife's aim is real bad. thank god!

BDH better be very afraid....My aim is terrific and we have an open floor plan....NOWHERE TO HIDE!!

Lady Flyfisher

We saw enough photos of BDH that I thought he was auditioning for Americas next top model. :sick: Let's see the sexy side of the family!!! :serenade:

(with all due respect BDH)