Fly Tying
bentflyrod

SECRET SANTA SWAP 2009!!!!!!!!!&#3

I have a confession. I opened mine. Please don't put coal in my stocking for this grievous act!

Step 1 to recovery. Admit you have a problem.

And yes they were Hermans.

Yep got mine, Yep I opened it, VERY SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there I admitted it. Whew

Thanks!!!!!!This swap is worth waiting all year to do!!!! Again Great job BFR for hosting!!!!!! A big Thanks to

Horseshoes You made my day!!!!!!!!!

vtflyhack

I have a confession. I opened mine. Please don't put coal in my stocking for this grievous act!

So come-on and share already...Who was your secret Santa?

We all wait on pins and needles to hear the reactions.....

OK YOU WANT IT HERE IT IS

Thanks for the swap it was a blast. Will diff be in the one next year too.

Thank you Dr. Vette

The flies a awsome they look great well ok I am lost for words lol thanks you

Package has arrived! I could not wait till Christmas, so I opened early. thanks Drvette and Riddleyffo. Thanks Stonefly1 for the awesome buggers

will power smill power I was forced to open mine lastt night when my girlfriend found it under the tree. she got all jelous and didnt beleive they where flies so i would like to thank rflinn

Just four more days just four more days!!

Can't wait!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ok, Now i am CONFUSED! Isn't Christmas on the 25th??? 4 days would put it on the 21st??? Have thousands of people been lying to me for about 4 decades to see how gullible i am??? I know i am a good stooge for jokes, but thought i was smart enough to catch onto one that big??? But some-how i always thought it would make more sense having it on the solstice.

Thank you Dr. Vette

The flies a awsome they look great well ok I am lost for words lol thanks you

Package has arrived! I could not wait till Christmas, so I opened early. thanks Drvette and Riddleyffo. Thanks Stonefly1 for the awesome buggers

As if i weren't confused enough already??? How did 2 of you end up with my flies??? Now i am even more anxious to open mine...1 week left??? Looks like BFR came up with a great twist... :jumpy: All hail BFR...the true swapmiester!

Thank-you both for the compliments.

I hope you hook into some nice ones on those. I know i am not as talented as some on this board but like to think i tie some fish getters.

Have a great Holiday season!

I have my Secret Santa Gift sitting on my desk right above the my Fly Tying Station. I really can't wait to see who it's from. Just so tempting....But,

Patience is a virtue :wallbash:

As if i weren't confused enough already??? How did 2 of you end up with my flies???

DrVette did you send extra flies and goodies? I sent BFR a package of hard to find stuff (meaning old and not made anymore) that I just got from a retiring guy who photographed and tied for some western fly journal. I told him more than once that the extra stuff was for him and it seems like he distributed some of my goodies to several people. Now that is pretty selfless act and a great Santa who passes on his presents to others. Now that is the true spirit of the season. You must truly be one hell of a nice guy.

I guess I'll have to see who get my box of flies still. Don't worry on those old materials either they were thoroughly inspected and parabenzene flaked too!

DrVette did you send extra flies and goodies? I sent BFR a package of hard to find stuff (meaning old and not made anymore) that I just got from a retiring guy who photographed and tied for some western fly journal. I told him more than once that the extra stuff was for him and it seems like he distributed some of my goodies to several people. Now that is pretty selfless act and a great Santa who passes on his presents to others. Now that is the true spirit of the season. You must truly be one hell of a nice guy.

I guess I'll have to see who get my box of flies still. Don't worry on those old materials either they were thoroughly inspected and parabenzene flaked too!

Preatty close guess. Ridleyffo, I am not all that saintly. I did keep a couple of items out of what you sent (the dubbing sheets and a package from Bud Lilly's shop in west yellowstone. I read his book this spring.) and I sent the rest on to others along with what Dr. Vette sent.

BFR

Mine arrived the other day...

I am being good (so far). <-- Santa take note. ;)

Only a week left... only a week... geez I'm weak... Nope, I ain't gonna open it!

Dr. Vette's semi realistic beetle is a real producer too. Whomever gets those will certainly be pleased.

I fished it often since he sent me some with the tandem swap I ran. You can actually close your eyes and fish it blind because the fish literally slam it and you could set on the sound commotion alone.

Man Im getting excited for xmas morning.