Fly Tying
Andrés T

anaplophora sp.

Hello all,

after a long period tying only fishables, a bug from Thailand.

Well done Andrés and welcome back. Like yourself, I've been tying fishing flies, doing watercolors for my display frames, and getting ready for the fall shows on the East Coast.

Thailand has some of the most beautiful and rare wild life in the entire world. I look forward to seeing your next creation.

Best,

Bruce C

Bruce, What shows are you talking about? The Symposium by any chance?

Hi Paul. I'll be tying at the Art of the Anglers Show in Danbury, Connecticut on the 14th and 15th of November and the following weekend at the International Fly Tying Symposium at Somerset, New Jersey. Will you be at either one or both?

Best,

Bruce

Bruce,

I will be at the somerste symposium. It would be nice to meet you. It can't miss since every tier will be walking around talking to the other tiers. That's how Andres and I met last year.

Were you there last year? What will you be tying? So I can keep an eye out for you....

Greets Paul

Bruce,

I will be at the somerste symposium. It would be nice to meet you. It can't miss since every tier will be walking around talking to the other tiers. That's how Andres and I met last year.

Were you there last year? What will you be tying? So I can keep an eye out for you....

Greets Paul

I was walking around last year but not tying. I had met Andrés the week before at the Danbury show. I'll have some framed, shadow boxes on my table with some of my Dragonflies and beetles. Not sure what I'll finally end up tying. I guess it depends who is sitting next to me. I want to make sure not to tie the same thing :>).

I look forward to seeing you there.

Bruce

Donrf, Mnorton, thank you very much.

Here is a mate for the anoplophora, a batocera thomsoni. Being tropical forests cut everyday, they feel the need to fight even for a little piece of tree bark.

post-12648-1254698813_thumb.jpg