Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Threshershark

Striking Silver

Love that airborne shot...pics like that take an extremely large amount of both luck and skill.

Hi Threshershark,

Love those shots. The one of the airborn fish is stunning. What resolution is your original pic? You can post here or email me at [email protected]. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Gretchen & Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Sincere thanks everyone for the kind words. I very much enjoyed the trip, and seldom get to the salt so it was great fun.

Ridley: This particular area is known for baby tarpon. We got into fish up to 25 pounds on 8-weights. There are areas farther North where the fish seem to move as they reach a certain size. There is something "just right" about tarpon in this size range though. The battles are spectacular, but short enough in duration that both fish and angler stay fresh and ready for more. It's a lot of fun (not that going for monsters isn't phenomenal too).

Al: Much appreciated my friend. I shot in RAW on the trip, the full size versions of the airborne shots would be about 3500x2700 or so.

Thresher I agree with you about catching the schoolie tarpon. Ive never caught one bigger than about 26" though in some Florida back creeks/canals. We fished structure and cover just like fishing for bucketmouths. Loved it but only was able to do a few hours one afternoon while visiting an old gfriend's family. I regretably have no family in florida. Maybe snook74 will adopt me?