Fly Tying
Harold Ray

Bought another home, and thanks to my wife, I have a tying room!

Thanks, guys. The offers concerning adoption are tempting, but at this time I'm going to have to pass. I'm afraid my children and grandchildren might object.

I have really enjoyed the tying room and the fact I've been able to get everything together, plus the books. I've been a bookhound for years, and have always gone on the assumption in veterinary medicine that if I use it once, the book has paid for itself. Some of that philosophy has come over to the flytying arena, too, but I don't make any money tying flies. With that, I just have fun.

In a few days, I'll post another picture when the room is cleaned up. I went to Somerset and Louisiana where I tied. In trying to get everything together, I pulled stuff out and and haven't put things away yet.

Ray

Woah!!!! that is an amazing house you have!!!!! and walking distance from a lake!!!!!!!! and a fishing kayak!!!!!!!!!!!! and a fly tying room!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE IT ALL MY FRIEND!

Pretty Sweet Harold!!!! Nice space. I myself got my own tying room last fall. It has a pocket door to shut so I can be in my own little world!!!! It is about half the size of yours. After looking at your pics I need to get movated to put some more shelving. I planing to build a built-in desk with shelves, and storage above at some point if i can get my project list down a bit. Congrats great diggs and tying space!!!

vtflyhack

Congratulations, looks like a wonderful setting, and setup. Your book collection is fantastic.

Ray:

Nice house and real nice tying room! Are those stuffed (taxidermy) birds or just statues? They look real nice. Also, I really like that picture with all the flies on it, that is awesome.

We just bought a home in Wichita Falls, I'm trying to get my new tying/computer room organized. I need to get some cabinet work like yours in there, though.

Maybe sometime we can hook up and go fishing.

Take care and thanks for sharing!

George

PS - I'll try to get some pics of my room up soon.

:thumbsup:

Very nice! Now just run a zip line from your tying room to your boat, and it will be perfect. :lol: