Fly Tying
atroutbum2

dry fly swap

JohnP Posted Feb 4 2010, 12:13 PM

I will be putting 15 X-Caddis in the mail today.

I got them today, you did a good job on them

Joe

Thanks Joe. Although they are very simple, they are also quite effective. Lots of anglers around here have pretty much stopped using elk hair caddis in favor of this pattern.

Recieved flies from lykos33 and redietz today. both sets are lookin good.

Eastern fly, i would offer to drive you to the post office but my 4x4 pickup is stuck under the snow we got here. I already wore out my shovel trying to unbury my truck. I think im just gonna give up and start drinkin and thinkin warm thoughts till it all melts away.

We have gotten pounded with snow. I think they said we are at the 60 of 70 inch mark to this point. I did get mine out today. I added an emerger to mine so everyone get 2 of mine. I hope you like them.

Easternfly

Should have my flys ready by Monday. Shoot me your addy when you get a chance. By The way, I tied the Puterbaugh Foam Caddis.

I have to send you all sincere appoligies, I forgot to mark this one on the calendar, I will get them tied and in the mail by early next week.

Steve

Mine will hit the mail early next week.

And for all you folks on the Right Coast... When you got hit by the first big shot of snow this winter, the town I moved from in Alaska (Valdez) got 78": yes 6 1/2 feet of snow in a little over 3 days!!! :bugeyes: The real remarkable aspect is it was 8" short of the record!!! As a mater of fact they have never had a "snow day": ever. The only days the kids ever got off (other than catastrophic events like a 9.0 Earthquake that destroyed the town) come in the spring when a big high builds up in the interior and the winds start blowing a sustained 90-100 mph and the dumpsters start running down the street and your patio furniture just disapears!

Of course they get an average of 330" a year and they have the gear to handle 4" / hour! I did get a bit of the flavor last week when my brother,who lives in Columbia, Maryland called up just to rant for over an hour!! But hey, that's what family is for.

Anyway you guys have my sympathy. I know what it is like. I spent about 5 years in DC and we had a couple of storm that dropped a bunch and it wasn't pretty. It was one of the few time when I saw and heard thunder and lighting in the middle of a snowstorm!

Frank aka Student4evr