Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Taylor B. Hess

Northeastern Snowpocalypse!

I just finished preparing for the biggest storm I've ever seen. 16-22 inches possible. God's watch on everyone weathering it. Keep safe out on the roads. Hope everyone being effected by the snow has a safe weekend and God bless.

I'm still dreaming of that warm and sunny day, a light breeze, a shaded creek, a lonely trout, and a screaming reel-- Keep dreaming...in a few months maybe.

Yea I can relate to this. This probably one of the worst winters we've had here in IA. Probably won't be able to get out on the waters till April if we don't get floods in the early spring. :dunno:

MIke

Yep we got it pretty easy this winter. First month or so, we had it cold, a few good snows, but then from about December 20th, we've had it warm and sunny with the occasional rain. Pays to live in the desert! Last winter was terrible but this one has been nice...very nice.

Man! I was hearing the reports of that storm coming clear out here in Colorado. That is a huge mess for parts of the east where you usually don't see anything like that. That has got to be the best excuse I've heard in a while to sit down at the vise for a nice long spell.

Yea I can relate to this. This probably one of the worst winters we've had here in IA. Probably won't be able to get out on the waters till April if we don't get floods in the early spring. :dunno:

MIke

Well another Iowan, I actually hear this year we are suppose to have a big run off and some great flooding! and I feel for you guys out East that storm some how got around us. Heading out to the streams tomorrow!

The news images coming out of DC look like the big nor'easters I experienced when I lived in New Hampshire. Looks like the middle east coast will be paralyzed by this.

The news images coming out of DC look like the big nor'easters I experienced when I lived in New Hampshire. Looks like the middle east coast will be paralyzed by this.

It is trust me. I should know as I am here. I live only about 30 miles or so from DC.

I am in VA and have to travel to PA on Sunday for some training in Allentown. We have had more snow here than I have seen since the early 80's when we lived in MD. I too used to live in NH and this was normal when I was a kid, they at least knew how to deal with it.

Service Tech, I hope you are coming on a snowmobile, I think we got more snow then we ever did. Our official total was 28 inches but I cleared drifts that were over 5 feet. Way to much fun and they say there is more on the way on Tuesday.

Lots of snow in Harrisburg area= anywhere from about 14 to 20+ inches. Had to go into the hospital Friday evening and get emergency surgery, was in all night and didn't get out until last night, after the storm. Wife had to shovel out the driveway. Really makes a guy feel like :poop: