Fly Tying
cspears0006

"CRAWL DADS"

You just mid what I said about Lvisa Fork. Dem smallies are mine! HA! HA!

Brother you can have the Levisa, I am more interested on the Elkhorn Creek in Frankfort, the Licking, and the Russel Fork in Elkhorn City

Let me rephrase you can have from Pikeville down to Louisa I will take from Pikeville to Elkhorn City...bahaha

While you guys are dividing up what I already own , I'll just float on by throwing smallie candy and laughing all the way. :bugeyes: :yahoo: I conquered every flow in Eastern Ky with my flyrod years ago. :devil:

100_3012.jpg

100_3015.jpg

100_3014.jpg

SMFISHER where were those pics. taken, if you don't mind me asking

HMMMPFFFT!!!! THAT'S WHAT PM'S ARE FOR, MAN! ARE YOU DAFT!!! GEEEZ!!!!!

PM Alan. He'll put you on some great water. (Damn nebie trying to give away all the good spots....Geez!)

HMMMPFFFT!!!! THAT'S WHAT PM'S ARE FOR, MAN! ARE YOU DAFT!!! GEEEZ!!!!!

PM Alan. He'll put you on some great water. (Damn nebie trying to give away all the good spots....Geez!)

:bugeyes: :lol: Yeah send me a pm cspears0006 and we'll talk.

I like it, but the profile seems a bit slim. Just my own personal preference, but I like a shorter, more robust style of craw. I don't fixate on the claws as long as the profile looks "crawfishy". I think it will catch fish, especially stripped up the bottom of a good run!

there are much better craws on this particular thread than what I tie, but this is my Number 1 Go To fly when I'm bouncing craws for the smallies....It's a knock off of Bob Clouser's Clouser Craw, except I tied it with craft felt instead of furry foam and incorporated rabbit and squirrel zonkers for the claws. It's tied weightless so I can fish it in varying depths without hanging it up. I add shot above the fly to get it down to the right depth. I rarely hang one. It bounces through runs marvelously! The brown one is tied on a Sz 4 and has been heavily fished.

post-20880-1269188016_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1269188046_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1269188081_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is. Bummer. I'll fatten a few of them up and re-post later....

now you have to remember, the profile thing was just a suggestion based on my own prefernces. IF I was good at this, I wouldn't have a full time job doing something else :rolleyes: . No doubt in my nind that if I stripped your flies through my riffles and runs, they would surely turn a fish.

I don't like to eat scrawny crawfish...why would a bass? What I need is some bigger hooks, too - those are on 8s. I see on here, and am honesly in awe of some of them, the 'super realistic' flies. What material (I'm sure there are many) is used to add bulk without weight? Foam? Not if it's supposed to sink...

I don't like to eat scrawny crawfish...why would a bass? What I need is some bigger hooks, too - those are on 8s. I see on here, and am honesly in awe of some of them, the 'super realistic' flies. What material (I'm sure there are many) is used to add bulk without weight? Foam? Not if it's supposed to sink...

Yarn works well especially synthetics that don't hold moisture. You can also give the appearance of bulk without adding it by wrapping marabou around the shaft fold it near the stem first and then palmer it like a dry fly hackle. Wetting marabou prior to tying it in makes it more controllable. By the way size 8 craws are a great all around size for bass and bream or clear water situations.

I use medium chenille wrapped over lead wraps. Adds bulk and a little weight. I use a nice long Chinese saddle hackle palmered for the legs. I tie craws in 8 to 2's. Fish a lot of 8's and 6's.