Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Hmmmm

man, someone spent a lot of time making something that is totally impracticle..... i wonder what someone used it for (i doubt fly tying, i hope at least).

When they said fly tying vice they really meant vice now didn't they flex.gif

Ken cool.gif

LOL. Yeah, that isn't a fly vise. Man, trying to remember what shop I saw that in use in. Want to say it was a denture shop, but don't think that was it. In the years I've been a UPS driver, I've seen lots of small shops. But know it was something where they'd be holding a couple small things at once. Had a couple different vise clamps (this one shows 2 that can be held at once) so while one thing was drying, they could have another one right there to work on. Common mistake though. A few see something small, and automatically call it a fly vise. A bit too hard core for using with flies.

Anyone have any theories of what that may have been built for, or what someone might be able to do with it.. ?

user posted image

Here is another weird one that was on ebay some time ago. I like your one better as it seems to have a spare midge jaw lol