Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
deeky

A Fart In Church

Okay, I gotta ask, what's with the name? It's an attention getter, kinda like a Fart in Church I suppose...I do like it. It looks like it would make a nice emerger pattern.

Pretty light, fluffy fly. Should hang nicely. Just a mottley little thing. Hopefully it goes over better than the real thing. ;)

Deeky

Luv the name! :) Is that India hen a soft hackle ?

Another nice one Deeky.

Mike

Funny name... I thought I was going to see an image of a nightcrawler squirming on a Partridge salmon iron.

:lol:

Nice fly btw.

Feel free to bring some by my church on Sunday. I have a few flyfishers in the congregation who would love it.

Nice Fly. Looks sorta like a gartside wet mouse. Got one with the recent gartside swap that I cant wait to use.

And here is one for our minister.

He who farts in church.........

Sits in his own Pew......

The name - as I was working on it, the mottled black/olive herl reminded me of some noxious fume you would see in a cartoon. You know, the poison, knock out gas, whatever the villain of the day was using. And with no weight, the CDC, etc., it should hang in the water column nicely rather than settling quickly. Noxious fumes.....good hangtime as any good fart should have......"A Fart in Church". Plus, it flowed better than "Black and Olive Herl CDC Hen Thingy With Flash".

Cabin fever? Just maybe.

Deeky