Fly Tying
Dart

Popper Swap II

Yep. I just put a drop on and spread it around with your bodkin. Hold it in your fingers while you do this so you can easily get full coverage. While you're at the hobby shop, it may be worth the extra couple of bucks for a small bottle of CA Debonder...because you WILL glue your fingers together eventually. It's also nice to remove the dried glue from your hands after a session.

Here's my popper.

I showed mine attached to a couple of fish...your turn!

I don't have floating line so i can't fish them yet. And...I don't get to go when it rains all the time.

We've had some bad storms this week.

Are you fishing a full sinking line or a just a sink tip? I've never tried a full sinking line...

It's full sinking. I hate it but i don't have the money to buy a new line.....or a reel to put it on. I'll make some money this summer hopefully.

Alright I have been busy myself. I went with the balsa wood popper. I wasnt pleased with the flip flop crap. I have ten size 10 popper bodies made up right now with 2 coats of polyurathane on them already. One more coat and then I will start to paint the body on them. Will have photos soon.

I think I've refined my hopperpopper pattern. I started with foam plugs and now I'm working with Balsa which looks real good. I tested some (foam) in a local park lake and they look like everything is in order. No real fishing until next week though.

hoppop.jpg

It's disturbing how much I'm enjoying this new tying realm ;)

Dietr, every time I see that, I'm impressed. I can't wait to see it in hand! It is exquisitely representative of a hopper. Yet as far as "realistic flies" go, if you tie poppers, it does not incorporate any elaborate tying methods, aside from the paint job, that fall outside the ordinary techniques that anyone couldn't easily make these for themself. Well, that may be an understatement, your paint job is very unique and I doubt I could duplicate that.

I started my foam head poppers and should be finished later in the week.

Kirk

I can assure you that mine are not that good looking! I get the feeling some of you make a living as artists...

I hope to have them in the mail tomorrow. I'm guessing you haven't moved in the last couple of weeks?

post-24279-1273636758_thumb.jpg

No sir! I'm still here! I look forward to seeing them, G. I'm off work tomorrow and plan to progress a lot on my poppers.

I think I may go ahead and close the swap since we're 1 short. Or, I can leave it open and send 1 back if nobody joins at the last minute. What do you guys think?

Feel free to keep my extra(s). I'm going to be knee-deep in them...I sold/traded a couple dozen of them so I have another batch in the works. I think I'll try it with hard blue foamboard for a few - I have more than half a sheet of it...