Fly Tying
Cheri

Kill the Wabbit

While tying this weekend, someone raided my fur box and no matter how I tried to convince her she insisted on trying to "kill the wabbit" again! She raided this thing from my box 5 times before I packed it away. Then I got the typical cat attitude for taking it away.

post-25345-1272313675_thumb.jpg

I think you're getting off easy. Last night I rescued 2 baby rabbits from my cat. Apparently I did not hear the third one...

lol! my cats dont even bother my stuff. mainly because one lives outside and the other lives a life of fatness....

For my cat you can include a #1 Hoffman saddle. Came home on day to find an almost new saddle shredded and spread all over the place. :crying:

click, click..pull

Good ole Doyle the Dog got three two foot long garter (I think) snakes while on his walk along the stream behind my house last Friday. The township had just cut the fields and I think the snakes must have all congregated along the safety of the bank. He got all three within about 10-12 feet. Hopefully it was just from the grass cutting or we may be having a problem. :shocking:

I certainly didnt tell my wife as she would never go down there again. All snakes were released unharmed (relatively anyway) as they all quickly slithered away.

C'mon mom she just wants to play :rolleyes: As someone already pointed out rabbit skins and squirrel tails cats just can't seem to pass up. Now my Black Lab Pepper - I even take Pheasant feathers out and she's right in front of me with the look of just one Dad please Just one!!! And she's not a hunting dog.

Fatman

For my cat you can include a #1 Hoffman saddle. Came home on day to find an almost new saddle shredded and spread all over the place. :crying:

click, click..pull

:headbang:

You can be sure I never left any thing like that out again.

Is that where the "Danger Bear Trap" sign for your avatar came from? :D

I now have to keep all my bucktails in a locked cupboard because my dog has ripped apart about 10 of them in the past month. he can smell them even inside of sealed tote boxes and will chew through the plastic box to get to them. It all started because I let him smell one while I was tying in front of the TV.. Well bad mistake because now he is addicted to finding them and KILLING them!.. lol :)

my dog for some reason will take materials that i accidently left lying on my floor and for some reason she doesnt touch the feathers or fur, she just eats the skin and dosent even eat the materials