Fly Tying
day5

the official invite swap thread

Got my cabinets yesterday so I should have a new dedicated tying area by the end of the weekend. It will be the first time in over a year that I have had a dedicated tying area... My wife was adamant that our 11 month old son needed his own "bedroom", and my fly tying room had to be re-purposed. :blink:

So with my tying area complete I should be able to crank these out next week and get them in the mail.

I do believe that I need an address to send these to.....oh yeah....13 was the number right?

13 uh no it was 113.

LOL check pm's!!!

Here is what I'm using for the swap. They are ready to ship. Need address. The flies are size 1/0.

post-1533-1279725467_thumb.jpg

Great tie Floyd can't wait to get that wet for sure

Floyd and deeky addy sent. Flies are looking awesome Floyd I love that fly!!! I got a chance to see Ridderbos's flies :headbang:

I got a box from Smallie Stalker today. It was sealed up like Fort Knox with a pound of tape but oddly enough it was empty..... Pat can you send some replacement flies? Im sure thye were great.

Cranked my first fly out in my new tying area and it felt great! However, I think I may need bigger hooks, I am using 1/0 Bass bug hooks and it looks like a size 18 compared to the fly I have tied on it... Either way, they got the wife's approval so I must be on the right track, she's pretty hard to please.

Very innovative pattern , Floyd. I have never seen one like it before now....is it an original design or a regional pattern from your youth in Arkansas? Very cool tie, as always!

I've been mulling this pattern around in my head for a while now. I started out trying to make a long haired mouse that I seen a while back. Found out in a hurry that I don't have the skills for a good mouse pattern.