Fly Tying
spey guy

most liked trout species

most liked trout species  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I picked brook only because there is no tiger trout listed. got to love that mean a$$ fish.

Tiger trout ain't a fish. It's the illegitimate offspring of two incompatible strangers who, waking up from a night of lovemaking, vowed never to, um, do "it" again. Just (75%) kidding.

Chuck

I love the browns because they are so diverse. You can find them in most of the major trout streams and rivers. They are also a very hardy fish. They are (I think) more adaptable to climates than other trouts and chars. They seemingly can tolerate water warmer by a couple of degrees than other specimens. Many believed that browns were not a sporting fish when they were first introduced from Europe. Now that there are self sustaining populations in the great lakes region they provide a wonderful chance for trophy fish from fall to spring for river anglers, and through the summer on the lakes. They also fed upon the round gobies that are one of the latest invasive fishes from the ballist water of European ships. All in all, I give it to the browns. Hardy, well bred, good fighters, and lastly, good eating.

But don't forget the Brookies though...I'm from Pennsylvania and we only have a handful of streams with wild and native brook trout. They are beautiful fish anytime you catch them. Not to mention they are our state fish. :rolleyes: although, aren't brook trout actually a species of char?

So my vote goes #1-Brown #2-Brook

My favorite is the last one which was on my line... or maybe the next one I'm going to catch...

Rainbows, when theyre this size :ph34r:

6449_1187521777964_1525898179_491223_1928384_n.jpg

n1525898179_208585_3073776.jpg

26305_1392792589606_1525898179_957529_8351879_n.jpg

Size isnt everything you just need to know how to use it B) Been fly fishing exclusively for 30 years and am always looking for new challenges. Plus, there are a lot of other species out there that are excellent gamefish.

35779_1456436500664_1525898179_1098173_2384489_n.jpg

I like raw carp medallions on my Menudo

I like raw carp medallions on my Menudo

Carp is disgusting! And most likely has traces of mercury and PBC, not good eats.