Fly Tying
B.C.TroutHunter

How Long Have You Been Tying?

How Long Have You Been Tying?  

967 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been fortunate enough to tie since I was 14; so 27 years this year. It is one of the few activities that I do which I dont think about any of life's trials and tribulations.

i started tying proper flies after my birthday in june this year before that i made the worst flies ever made in the world......... they were composed of normal cotton, bantam chook feathers and budgie feathers........ trust me the trout would go bell up in the water laughing at them if they ever touched the water......... they now sit at the side of my fly tying table as a reminder how far i have come scince then........... and i still have a very very long way to go until i get as good as u guys.......... if i ever do

It has been about 2 years for me and a few thousand $$$ ;) .

Man o man do i hear ya!!!! But its worth every penny. I've been tying for almost a year now. Thank god for my uncle who has invested 30+ years in fly tying but now his eye sight is down hill I seem to have lost my teacher. But I love this sport and With practice we all get better.

Jim Poor's Angler's All, June 1967, bought my first Thompson A when I was 7 years old. My first fly was a rubber band bodied caddis nymph.

Cheers, Futzer

about 13 years now.off and on.i've tied atleast 1 fly per day for the last 4 months .

shane

Hello everyone, here is my first post in this extremely interesting forum.

My tying starts sometimes around 1996 when I was "forced" :rolleyes: by a friend to take up Flyfishing...

..here is one fly, just as a starter...

post-17488-1224248747_thumb.jpg

I have been tying for around five years off and on but have had more time recently I spend more time tying now.I find tying flies one of the most relaxing things you can do. :D

Hello everyone, here is my first post in this extremely interesting forum.

My tying starts sometimes around 1996 when I was "forced" :rolleyes: by a friend to take up Flyfishing...

..here is one fly, just as a starter...

post-17488-1224248747_thumb.jpg

Very nice fly and nice to meet you

I've been tying since I was 11(about 1978) Got my first kit from L.L.Bean's and have been tying on and off ever since. Of course all the tools have been replaced with good ones but I still have the box it came in!