Fly Tying
JimCanuck

Fly tying work areas ....

I'll start ...

5000e745.jpg

Originally made this as a desk organizer on a sunny Saturday afternoon, however need more room for fly tying materials, and this was half empty so I moved everything from the drawers to the old fly tying plano case I was using, and I moved all the fly tying gear into it. Forgot to put in the one drawer (holds paints and epoxies now) in before the picture woops!

Before anyone asks, the table top area the vice is connected to can go out another 6" without losing its balance so it makes a good work surface.

Jim

Jim - that's a nice box. Does it fold up/close for transportaion as well?

Hairstacker - I'm jealous of the cleanliness and organization of your tying area!

Mine is a pit. I'll try to get it cleaned tonight up and take a pic later...

Jim - that's a nice box. Does it fold up/close for transportaion as well?

I was originally going to do that, but then decided against it, as I really had no plans to move it around.

Jim

Here is my Tying space My wife found this for me a a second hand store and convinced me to buy it. I t has worked great. I just added the light yesterday and it has helped allot. post-17735-1285211505_thumb.jpg

post-17735-1285211430_thumb.jpg

Here is my Tying space My wife found this for me a a second hand store and convinced me to buy it. I t has worked great. I just added the light yesterday and it has helped allot. post-17735-1285211505_thumb.jpg

post-17735-1285211430_thumb.jpg

Very nice set up. I have a roll top desk I am going to do a similiar set up with. Once I have it set up (hopefully this weekend) I will post a picture.

If you're wondering why you haven't had that many responses, this subject has been done more times than I can remember. Type fly tying bench into the search bar and you'll see a lot of ideas.

...but there are always new members joining who may not have seen or replied to the older post. Those of us who have seen the older post still enjoy seeing what the "newbies" have to say or show. You can tell by the fact that Buggybob , Hairstacker, and others responded, just keep posting!

If you're wondering why you haven't had that many responses, this subject has been done more times than I can remember. Type fly tying bench into the search bar and you'll see a lot of ideas.

Sometimes people just want to start a conversation. And by the way, you guys are all too neat. My tying area looks like a bomb went off.