Fly Tying
day5

doorbell

This is a bit larger blade that I have use on the other flies. Most of my blades have been the size or a pea. This one is twice that size. the blade is attached with Dacron it moves freely.

Well I haven't fished this fly yet but with the other style fly if it is fished in current that part is easy. In still water it spins as it sinks between strips only a little bit slower than when I strip it. And if it happens to stop spinning no worries it will spin again.

What about short strikes? I would think that the fish would be going after the flash and vibrations of the blade and would try to eat that part and miss the hook. But idk so that why I was asking...

I hate naming flies. Its usually just the first thing that comes to mind. I tie "new" patterns faster than I can name them.

I hate naming flies. Its usually just the first thing that comes to mind. I tie "new" patterns faster than I can name them.

they say timing is everything..............just last night I started a new business. It's called Oatka Names Your Flies. For either $5 each or a $50 per month unlimited fly subscription I'll name your flies. Think of all the time and headaches you'll save!

I've already got the name of the first fly you pay me to name.....it's name will be SUCKER!!!

they say timing is everything..............just last night I started a new business. It's called Oatka Names Your Flies. For either $5 each or a $50 per month unlimited fly subscription I'll name your flies. Think of all the time and headaches you'll save!

I've already got the name of the first fly you pay me to name.....it's name will be SUCKER!!!

Don't let the nice friendly smile on his profile fool you...inside that mind is an evil genius lurking... :shifty:

wow that's cool. I'd buy a few from you, but I sold my 27-weight outfit, and I don't have anything to cast them with..... :(

The name is great, I was just saying that this fly looks so good that when it hits the water the fish should start swarming. Like someone rang a dinner bell.

I haven't used this method yet, but I know it is pretty popular. If you are ever stuck naming a fly, go to UrbanDictionary.com and hit the random button. You get really good Galloup-esque names like Sausage Mitten and such...

If you are ever stuck naming a fly, go to UrbanDictionary.com and hit the random button. You get really good Galloup-esque names like Sausage Mitten and such...

I can see my business failing already! Thanks!

Guess it's time to come up with another screw matt out of his money business plan.

wow that's cool. I'd buy a few from you, but I sold my 27-weight outfit, and I don't have anything to cast them with..... :(

Matt designs most of his flies to be castable on a 6 wt., so you're in luck! :)

Great fly Matt.