Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BeginnerFlyTyer

mouse flies

Yea tons made with foam. They fish better adn longer too.

i haven't started buying foam yet

wallmart will hook you up!

where do i look

Look in the craft section. Also if you have a craft store near you, such as Michael's or JoAnne Fabrics, they are all great places to get foam real cheap.

Yea tons made with foam. They fish better adn longer too.

i haven't started buying foam yet

wallmart will hook you up!

where do i look

Look in the craft section. Also if you have a craft store near you, such as Michael's or JoAnne Fabrics, they are all great places to get foam real cheap.

thanks

Definitely pick up foam at WalMart. If you look in their craft section as mentioned, they have tons of it, and it's cheap. I got a 50-pack of sheets of assorted colors that I have been tying with for over a year, it was like $5. They also have a sparkle foam that is adhesive backed and has a glittery side that makes some killer bass flies. I think it was about $5 for a 20-pack of assorted colors.

I know it can be a moot point, but have a look at the wild mice fom your ara. the white footed mouse is quite coomon in many areas-it is a close cousin to the deer mouse so take into account th off white belly when tying. being bass have good sight, it may help in geting their attenton.

marc