Fly Tying
patrick carroll

Any interest in a gurgler swap?

Pat, I'm actually from Penn Hills and married into Burrell.... Nice area though......

The Kiski has cleaned up quite a bit and is turning into a pretty good fishery. Several trout clubs stock it regularly and the smallie/walleye population is getting better every year. I wade and float this river many times a year and its quickly becoming one of my fav spots due to how close it is.....

One of my "goto" spots is just above/below the Leechburg Bridge ..... got a smallmouth there that was pushin 6 pds.... HUGE for this river. So, needless to say, Gurglers are gonna get some use here.......

Thanks again for the host, canty wait to get them !!

got a smallmouth there that was pushin 6 pds.... HUGE for this river.

Over 4 LBS is huge around here

Darrin

That was actually supposed to be a 5 not a 6 .... but still HUGE nonetheless....

Got quite a few in the 3 - 4 pd range out of that section in the last couple years... few and far between but definately there. If ya work hard enough for them you can find em !!

doing little things with my hands is awkward, so my gurglers will not have the recipe, so it is here:

#2 hook

tail: red/yellow bucktail

body: diamond chenille

hackle rusty chicken hackles

craft foam

looking forward to seeing the flies.

marc

with the latest messages I received, there should be 3 packages of gurglers heading my way. foambug has been a no-show, as soon as I get the last packages, I will get the "awesome gurglers"

sent on their way , for you tyers to feast your eyes on these beauties.

since we didn't have 15 tyers, I will return the the extra gurglers to make sure each tyer gets the 15 gurglers, as expected. we have passed the february 15 target date, hopefully this weekend I will be able to make things happen. I appreciate your patience, but I am certain you will be some happy campers!!!

have a good one and stay tuned

pat carroll

with the latest messages I received, there should be 3 packages of gurglers heading my way. foambug has been a no-show, as soon as I get the last packages, I will get the "awesome gurglers"

since we didn't have 15 tyers, I will return the the extra gurglers to make sure each tyer gets the 15 gurglers, as expected. we have passed the february 15 target date, hopefully this weekend I will be able to make things happen. I appreciate your patience, but I am certain you will be some happy campers!!!

pat carroll

pat you can keep the extras from jacktjl

Tim

pat carroll

Tim

unless of course it works out better to send them to someone else if that was your plan.

pat carroll

Tim

unless of course it works out better to send them to someone else if that was your plan.

I agree with Jack you can keep the extras if that works for you

Mine are on the way! Sent Saturday so any day buddy. Also if you look at other swaps foambug has sent flies and they have been recieved, but they were all late

just happened to check my mail out today, and there was a package of " canadian gurglers"". great job, flyderaght.

rumor has it , the last couple packages are californee bound, then the gurglers will be on their way!!

this neck of the woods is getting hit with a lot of rain, which means a lot of mud slides and the typical california storm problems, then we will send it on its way to las vegas, be prepared mr. vegas!!!

keep dry, stay warm and hang in there

pat carroll

smokinprince, your gurglers were delivered to my doorstep today. awesome looking flies, thanks for the extras. one more package of gurglers to go, what a great looking job of tying, you tyers are a talented group.

have a good one

pat carroll

keep dry, stay warm

NO THANKS....send us the rain...temps in the 60s, humidity in the teens and a 1500 acre forest fire burning since last sat...will be back there tomarrow

Darrin

just happened to check my mail out today, and there was a package of " canadian gurglers"". great job, flyderaght.

rumor has it , the last couple packages are californee bound, then the gurglers will be on their way!!

this neck of the woods is getting hit with a lot of rain, which means a lot of mud slides and the typical california storm problems, then we will send it on its way to las vegas, be prepared mr. vegas!!!

keep dry, stay warm and hang in there

pat carroll

That rain we got was embarrasing! just as much as the postal service :(