Fly Tying
welshtyer

hi everybody

hi everybody ,my name is john williams [aka welshtyer] i am from wales in the uk ,i have been tying seriously for about 6 years but rarely fish,enjoy my tying far more,i know it sounds sad but hey thats my bag,i tie mainly traditional irish lake and river patterns but am interested in steelhead and carrie stevens patterns

anyway bye for now

Welcome to the web site welshtyer

Nice to see some of more our friends from the UK. sign up as members.

I hope to hear more from you in the near future.

OSD.

Welcome aboard John nice to see people from outside the U.S joining us to enjoy this forum.

I know a few people that just tie and dont even fish, they just enjoy the challenge of tying and theres nothing wrong with that.

SD

Welcome to the site welshtyer, Hope your planning on posting some of those Irish patterns up... I'd really like to see some.. cheers.gif

Welshtyer

Welcome from across the pond. Nice of you to join us.

bfr

Hi WelshTyer

This is an awsome website forum and I'm glad you found it. BTW...My family is originally from north "Wales and I took my 11 year old son there for 10 days last year. I wished I had a fly rod with me especialy in Snowdonia where I could see trout rising in the river outside my hotel room.

Graham Owen (a fine Welsh name)

Greetings, welshtyer. Always glad to hear from tyers and anglers from across the big water. Great site and great folks! headbang.gif

hi everybody ,thanks for the great welcome,hope to post some patterns soon,i'm heading your way in few weeks to somerset NJ,so once i return wiil post some,hi graham some nice rivers in north wales and some better ones in the south,if your stuck for a fly rod next time ,give me a shout

Hi John, welcome aboard. 2 weeks ago I met Vince Gwilym from Wales. He was presenting a seminar on UK style loch fishing. Very informative. Glad to have you on board!

Welcome! My Mom was born in England and grew up in Aberdyffi, Wales while her father was stationed there in the Navy during WWII.

I have been there 4 times and it is one of my favorite places in the world. smile.gif I can't wait to travel there again some day with my husband and kids. We will be sure to incorporate some fishing!

Enjoy the site!