Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich mc

pike fly swap #2

Half of mine are tied already :ph34r: .... will get em done and send 'em on through Rich! :yahoo:

Hell Rich... if we don't get someone soon I'm tempted to tie up another 6 to complete the swap....

what else are pike keen to munch down on?

Ok.... I'm in ... Caught quite a few through the ice this winter and was gonna give them a shot on the fly this spring/summer. What better way to start a new box .......

Not sure of the pattern but thinking something red n white or blue n white (the fish I caught through the ice had some sort of blue shad in them I think they may have been alewives)

What's the best time of year to target these guys? Do you normally blind cast or sight fish for them? I'm guessing edges of weed beds ? Flats near drop offs? Like I said never really specifically targeted pike so the learning curve will be fun....

OK... Can I grab your address please Rich? only a couple of flies to go. when you PM me your address can you let me know whether you want International reply Paid Coupons, stamps, or other....

Thanks for hosting

mine are all done ..... i need an addy as well

Thanks for hosting ...... ill throw a few bonus flies in there for ya

Absolutely knackered from the weekend, so I finally managed to finish the swap flies tonight.

I'll start tying up the extras for you tonight Rich, am away for work tomorrow :devil: and Wednesday but will be doing my best to get 'em in the mail for you by the end of the week... a couple of greens, oranges, blacks and whites I think.

Well heres what I come up with.... Pics not too good but its kinda an olive over white.... Hope everyone likes.... :D

Need an addy and these should go out in the next week or so.... Thanks for the host.....

pickety_pike.jpg

Guest rich mc

some nice clousers came today , five more to go. and 12 inches of ice to leave the lake here. rich mc

Some great looking flies in their fellas! Can't wait to get my set :jumpy:

:scooter:

Finally on their way Rich.

Thanks for Hosting!

flies went out today .... threw some extras in ... they are the ones that dont look like the others

Thanks for hosting