Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo

Crazy Johns (not 56K friendly)

Playing around with a few favorite cutty patters for the rivers this summer. I double wrap the wire to keep all the ends hidden under the head. A bit of a pain at the butt of the fly to get it to come over its self neatly. But it makes them way heavier so i can get down in the fast deep water.

Hope you enjoy and all criticism is welcome

Thanks for viewing

post-23577-1300232319_thumb.jpg

post-23577-1300232402_thumb.jpg

First of who in the heck uses a 56k modem anymore? :dunno:

Nice looking flies my they will fish great and they look nice and heavy. I do like how the wire looks. My only thing is the tag end of your wing case over teh top is hanging out over the bead. I personally like it when that can be tucked away under the bead or foced down behind by the string.

Great looking flies though :yahoo:

if the pictures were resized before posting it probably wouldnt matter on the modem speed.

Voodo, Nice looking flies.

I dont think you will have any troubles getting those flies down in the water column quickly once it hits the water with the wire and bead head. :D Nice job with the wire wraps looks good, they should catch fish.

Keven / popperfly

First of who in the heck uses a 56k modem anymore? :dunno:

My dad, but he doesn't visit this site.

Those are awesome Vodoo. Can I just suggest something for you to try next time... Try using two different size wires... Say a small and Brassie, or Small and x-small, what ever size wire and then one size smaller than that. The bigger and smaller wire combo will create a somewhat rib texture.

im tying another batch tonight and i will see about posting some more shots as they progress

im tying another batch tonight and i will see about posting some more shots as they progress

Very nice looking nymphs. Those will work well - especially as droppers this summer???

so i turned away form the copper johns and turned them into an attractor nymph. I figure this will drive the cutts and brooks WILD!

I was not able to get the backing to slide under the bead so i used a razor to cut it dang close and the onyl 2 sizes of wire i buy are medium and brassie.

post-23577-1300405439_thumb.jpg

post-23577-1300405760_thumb.jpg

post-23577-1300405912_thumb.jpg

post-23577-1300406015_thumb.jpg

Flies look great. They will fish great.

I think this is a classic example of taking your time while making wraps will make the end result a much better looking flies.

Great job