Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bertgwen

Musky Swap

citious- what did you do to the deer hair head? is that full of glue or did you put heat top it and singe the hairs?

citious- what did you do to the deer hair head? is that full of glue or did you put heat top it and singe the hairs?

its coated with fabric fusion... its a water based glue that is waterproof when dry.. (same stuff as liquid fusion)..

i coated them for 2 reasons... one to make them more durable being we are dealing with musky.. second was to make the face of the fly.. it will not deform or flex against the water... allows it to push more water...

its coated with fabric fusion... its a water based glue that is waterproof when dry.. (same stuff as liquid fusion)..

i coated them for 2 reasons... one to make them more durable being we are dealing with musky.. second was to make the face of the fly.. it will not deform or flex against the water... allows it to push more water...

I like it. may try it with some bass bugs... I have the liquid fusion and LOVE it

I like it. may try it with some bass bugs... I have the liquid fusion and LOVE it

fabric fusion is the same stuff... but its only $5 a bottle that is 3 times the size of the liquid fusion.. made by the same company... as far as i can tell its the same exact stuff...

fabric fusion is the same stuff... but its only $5 a bottle that is 3 times the size of the liquid fusion.. made by the same company... as far as i can tell its the same exact stuff...

Hmmm I'll have to look for it. I buy mine at the craft store...it is much cheaper there than buying from a fly shop.... I forget the size bottle it is in...but I'm still on my first bottle, it has lasted me a while...

Just curious... how many of you guys go for muskies from shore or boat while tossing flies... I want to use these up north this summer, but wont have a boat with me...so I'm gonna have to search for some spots...

While lots of the fishing I do is wade fishing, I do all my Musky fishing from a canoe or frame-raft. Sorry, never thrown for them from shore. I think as long as you do not fish too deep, you should be fine.

While lots of the fishing I do is wade fishing, I do all my Musky fishing from a canoe or frame-raft. Sorry, never thrown for them from shore. I think as long as you do not fish too deep, you should be fine.

All my musky fishing is from the bank well wading. Mainly in rivers and tailouts from dams. Casting gets tricky when your almost chest deep in a river and thowing a heavy sinking line.

You guys ever get another musky swap together consider me in.