Fly Tying
petelangevin

Slide out waste tray

I went pretty low tech with my waste container. It is just a large plastic cup held to the edge of my tying bench with rare earth magnets. I can get it out of the way quickly and it is easy to empty.

I must say that none of these designs suck....that's too bad. ;)

Nice job with the vac setup. Also is that a piece of stone that your norvise is mounted to?

The tray in question doesn't actually slide. Its got two long U shaped brackets on each end that allow the tray to slide onto a countertop. Part of the fabric sits under the vise securing it in place, and then it has the basket that extends about 3" off your tying area allowing you to slide material from the tying area to the waste area.

Here is a pic of mine:

IMG_20110419_093656.jpg

And yes, mine was $2.88 also. Too good of a deal to pass up, but definitely not worth the full retail price.

What was full retail originally?

If I remember correctly it was in the $30ish range. I could be way off though.

i washed a styrofoam hamburger tray and use that on my tying table as a trash container. once it gets full, it gets emptied in a garbage bag lined waste basket

I use a plastic rectangular ice bucket I got from some hotel chain years back I attach it with a couple small hooks to the front of my tying board.

Also is that a piece of stone that your norvise is mounted to?

yes a scrap I picked up at a stone fabricator

I know i have seen one. But i can't find one anywhere. I am mounting my nor-vise in my computer cabinet. I want a slide out waste bag. Any suggestions?

I guess they were made by made2fly. But i guess they went out of business. Any other suggestions.

I can design and make you one. It will be much sturdier and stronger than anything you find comercially. PM me if interested

Also is that a piece of stone that your norvise is mounted to?

yes a scrap I picked up at a stone fabricator

Were you able to recess the screw heads in the bottom or do they aid in the vacuums effectiveness if they stick out a bit? The norvise looks sharp mounted on a nice piece of

Stone. Mind if i borrow your idea?

Were you able to recess the screw heads in the bottom or do they aid in the vacuums effectiveness if they stick out a bit? The norvise looks sharp mounted on a nice piece of

yes I recessed them just by grinding out with a larger bit to fit the head. Have at it. I've been really happy with the added weight

yes I recessed them just by grinding out with a larger bit to fit the head. Have at it. I've been really happy with the added weight

I picked up a nice piece of black granite today. What type and sizebit did you use to drill the holes? Any idea what size the screws are? Going to definitely need to get longer ones..

Waste unit came in today.. This one is different than the others pictured. Tis one screws to the bottom of the desk. And slides out of the way. Not bad.