Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Fry

Foiled Diver

First foiling didn't go so well, so I'm trying again with this one. I found some nice thin foil from a Mexican restaurant that already had some embossing on it. I added a bit myself, but this is how it turned out. Still need to get it a bit cleaner, but it's getting there...

5676877071_5051ff71b0.jpg

Foiled Bass Diver by El Frito, on Flickr

Thanks guys. Yeah, it's a Rainy's diver body.

The foil I used on this one actually came with some checkerboard "embossing" on it. Beyond that, I have a bigger sized bodkin I bought at a craft store that has a nice diamond shape on the handle. Very similar to the exacto knife others use.

beauty there bro great start now get busy busting out another dozen

Kirk baked potato's come in the foil

knucks.

Yeah, as luck would have it, I'm drooling over your guys' foil work and later that night I'm at this restaurant and see my daughter's quesadilla comes wrapped in some nice thin checkerboard pattern foil. I picked it up and said "that's the stuff!". My wife looks at me like a crazy man as I run to the counter and ask for more foil. The chick at the desk kinda looked at me funny but tossed me 4 or 5 sheets of it. As long as I don't get tired of quesadillas any time soon, I have a life-time supply.... ;)

Yeah, as luck would have it, I'm drooling over your guys' foil work and later that night I'm at this restaurant and see my daughter's quesadilla comes wrapped in some nice thin checkerboard pattern foil. I picked it up and said "that's the stuff!". My wife looks at me like a crazy man as I run to the counter and ask for more foil. The chick at the desk kinda looked at me funny but tossed me 4 or 5 sheets of it. As long as I don't get tired of quesadillas any time soon, I have a life-time supply.... ;)

I love that look. The you have got to be kiding me look..

Kirk baked potato's come in the foil

knucks.

Knucks, down in New Orleans, most restaurants serve baked potatoes sliced and deep fried - french fries - its hard to find a place serving baked potatoes.

I just use the generic store brand foil, the cheap stuff that is $1 for a 25 foot roll. Being the cheap stuff, it is super thin, hardly worth trusting to wrap food in. I've checked the stores for "baked potato" foil and even did searches on-line but could not come up with anything.

Curtis, next time I'm in a Mexican restaurant, I'll have to check that out.

Kirk

BTW the foil I'm using to start with was a chocolate bar inner wrap on some chocolate I bought in Canada a couple weeks ago....yea I got that look from my girls, "why are you saving that?"