Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Tmorrow

Fly fisher or angler?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far. I first went fly fishing about 20 years ago with my father in law who was born and raised in Wyoming. Since then I've been able to go several times (whenever we make it to Wyoming) but am still very inexperienced in fly fishing. So anyway my question is do you consider yourself an angler or a fly fisher, or something else? What is the proper term?

Thanks.

I'm a guy out in the water waving around a plastic stick and a plastic string, tied to a few feathers and lint, getting outsmarted by creatures possessing a brain the size of a pea.

I'm a guy out in the water waving around a plastic stick and a plastic string, tied to a few feathers and lint, getting outsmarted by creatures possessing a brain the size of a pea.

:huh: You too?!?!?!? :lol:

Lucky i just stand out there with lint, getting outsmarted by the creatures with pea sized brains.

At the moment i am just a fly wetter, too much skunking going on! Just about to jump in and wrestle them instead.

I've had people tell me... "Your Something Else" <_< . So I guess that's what I am :D .

I think I am a Fly Fisher as I only fish with flies and a fly rod. If I also used spinning gear or bait, I guess that would make me an angler...........

I don't want to call myself anything that might make me feel special, because the moment I do my fly will latch onto a tree limb and make a fool out of me... when the most people who know me are watching me and a nice fish feeding a few feet away swim for cover. That will be followed by the line getting wrapped around the rod tip twelve times and the fly hook snagging my ear. Then when I try to undo the mess as graceful as possible you can bet I will fall on my aXX in the river and drift down about 50 yards where it is really tough to get out.

No, just point at me, don't call me anything special, 'cause I'm just ah-fishing.