Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dreamcaster4639

clear cure goo vs bug bond

I have been wanting to start using a uv glue for a while now I think you can make some excellent patterns with it and it's fast unlike epoxy. I can't decide which to get the bug bond or the clear cure goo. Is there any difference between them or is one better than the other. Any advice is appreciated. :huh:

I have been wanting to start using a uv glue for a while now I think you can make some excellent patterns with it and it's fast unlike epoxy. I can't decide which to get the bug bond or the clear cure goo. Is there any difference between them or is one better than the other. Any advice is appreciated. :huh:

:o

That was a real helpful reply

I think they are both good products, you do get what you pay for.. Bug Bond - and Clear Cure Goo Hydro are very similar.

I think the advantage would go to Clear Cure Goo- As its has more products lines.

But hey- Look who you are asking.

Like I said- both great products and hands down better than epoxy.

I've tried both and like Bug Bond. I've found the CCG does not set up nearly as hard as the Bug Bond. The Bug Bond light is fantastic.

I've been using the tack free lately for tying big airheads. I don't want it to set up really hard to it works great for that application. Both products work well. Even mixing them gave good results actually.

That was a real helpful reply

BIG dust-up here recently relating to CCG.

and it's fast unlike epoxy.

personally, I have never missed out on a fishing opportunity because I was waiting for epoxy flies to cure. Maybe it's just me, but I've never had it happen.

I've used many of the light-cured acrylics out there. None of them are exactly like each other, or do exactly the same thing as epoxy. To say one is overall "better" than another isn't really a valid question- it will depend on what you do with it. Best bet would be to read the packages and believe what the manufacturer says- then decide if it is right for your application.

I've tried both and like Bug Bond. I've found the CCG does not set up nearly as hard as the Bug Bond. The Bug Bond light is fantastic.

I have found that the little bit of give in CCG prevents chipping and cracking, My poling platform seems to attract flies :D

However, I must admit I have never tried BB...from my understanding it is a very good product.

My biggest reason for using CCG is how quick and easy it is to use in any application where I used to use epoxy, and most of all the stellar customer service Brian has provided. He went completly over the top in providing an "extra tube or so" when one got lost in the mail, went as far as calling me to appologize and just say thanks for using his product.

In short I'm expoxy challenged and found that "The Goo is The Poo"

IMO the two UV products mentioned are both the pick of the litter, however, CCG does has a bigger selection of product.

DSCF4073.jpg

The Flex is awesome for buiding soft clear heads.

P1030503.jpg

The more pics I see of flies tied with CCG on this website, the more my hand reaches for my credit card. I'm definitely asking for this stuff and the light for X-mas, even If I have to buy it myself and give it to someone to give to me :huh: . I think I'm going to go for for the "Whole Enchilada". I like to go big or go home B). Do any of the products have a shelf life?

I have never used Bug Bond or Clear Cure Goo. I am a fan of epoxy. Maybe I'm old school and need to learn some new tricks!!!!!!!!!!!!!